What to do ?

GUNNNN

I'm looking to buy a 6.5 prc don't ask me why I've just the itch but to make a long story short I'm looking at a Christensen arms Ridgeline or the Mesa but now I've found a Remington 700 with a Krieger stainless barrel it comes scoped and has Vias brake on it I've always liked the 700s , the Remington is heavier but a little less money. Help me make my mind up

This is where I would be going vice the C...

Is the 700 trued up?
How's/what's the stock?
Any groups/different loads for it (proof it shoots well)?

Less on rifle allows more for glass, components, ammo, etc. in your budget
It's a nice laminated stock that has been glass beded the guy that owns it is a retired Smith he built it for himself, I'm asking questions it on consignment so I haven't been able to speak to the builder firsthand

If you read up on how many people have issues with Christensen, basically their quality control and carbon rings building in a very short amount of time. You would most likely pick the Remington. You will have some people that swear that Christensen is the world's best rifle, but every once in a while a blind dog will find a bone.

I'm looking to buy a 6.5 prc don't ask me why I've just the itch but to make a long story short I'm looking at a Christensen arms Ridgeline or the Mesa but now I've found a Remington 700 with a Krieger stainless barrel it comes scoped and has Vias brake on it I've always liked the 700s , the Remington is heavier but a little less money. Help me make my mind up
Stay away from Christensen arms, you can buy a proof rifle for the same price and they are way better.

Thanks for your post. Those are very hard choices. I would be partial to the Christensen Ridgeline; however how can you say no to a Krieger barrel. I do not have anything close to either one of those set-ups; however I do have a 6.5 PRC SAKO S20 Hunter with a thumbhole stock and it is absolutely amazing. The trigger travel and weight was easy to adjust and factory Hornady Precision Hunter 143gr ELX shoot 1/4 MOA at 300 yards. Although I haven't shot any of my reloads at that distance, they are shooting 1/8 MOA at 100yds. My reloads are as follows: Lapua brass; Fed 210M primers; 61grs of RL 25 (a little hot); 143gr ELX bullet seated .017" off the lands with .002" of shoulder bump. This is a little more info than you ask for; however I am all about sharing information on this site that has worked for me. 6.5 PRC is an excellent round and now you just have to decide which rifle to get. I am partial to my SAKO S20 Hunter; however I would probably go with the Christensen Ridgeline. Thanks

Recent Posts