What to do with older 22-250

newmexican hunter

I have a Remington 700 22-250 that was purchased in 2003. This is one of Remington's many mass production rifles that are so so. Sometimes they group and sometimes they don't type of rifle. The barrel on this rifle is shot out and doesn't group anymore. Here is my question for you all. I cant decide if its worth it to have the action blueprinted and rebarreled in a different caliber like .243 or 6 creed or just start over and get what I can out of it from a pawn shop? Would you just sell it or what caliber would you choose if you rebarreled it? Thanks for your input

Re-barrel to .22-250AI, .22CM, 6mmBR Norma or .243AI. Not necessarily in that order either. AI version of .22-250 is very close to .22CM, or so I've read. No real world experience with either. I have a 6mmBR Norma and it is stupid accurate! It's almost frustrating sometimes because the groups during load development are usually all tight, as in .2-.3". It makes you feel like you are a world renown BR shooter. And it's good out to 600yds (at least) and farther if you've got the desire.
If I had pick one of these, it would be the .243AI. It will do everything I need for a target/hunting rifle to do, and do it quickly.

Selling it to a Pawn Shop is just selling a broke rifle to some one that may use their good money after a bad item. How would you feel if you purchased a rifle, that someone knew it was shot out and just sold it to get some cash. Even if you told the Pawn shop that the barrel is shot out, they won't give you much and then turn around a sell it as a good rifle. Just remember "What goes around Comes Around" Karma is a Bitch!
Re-barrel it if the stock is OK or even put a new stock/Chassis. The action should still be good as a hunting rifle and you don't need to spend money on trueing it up unless you have a GS that will do it inexpressively. If the rifle shot good when new then putting a new barrel on it should be as good or better.
If you don't want to re-barrel it, sell the rifle on LRH just for the action. You will most likely get more for the action on LRH than the rifle at a Pawn Shop.

If you ever decide to hunt prairie dogs you will hate yourself for selling that gun. I wouldnt bother blue printing the action, just rebarrel it.
The AI chamber will increase the velocity a bit and add some to your brass life.
I have one in a 9 twist and it does real well with 69 gr SMKs
Its my favorite prairie dog gun.