What scope for hunting in the $2K range

I have heard that the eye box is small on the 2.5-20 Nx8. Have you seen any issues with that?

The 2.5-20 can be troublesome, but it's manageable if you have the room on your mounting system to correctly set the eye relief.

The 4-32 is the better scope optically and ergonomically but since you're putting it on a short action, you'll probably be fine with the 2.5-20. If it were me, I would have left that 2.5-20 in the box and traded it for a 4-32.

Last edited:
The 2.5-20 can be troublesome, but it's manageable if you have the room on your mounting system to correctly set the eye relief.

The 4-32 is the better scope optically and ergonomically but since you're putting it on a short action, you'll probably be fine with the 2.5-20. If it were me, I would have left that 2.5-20 in the box and traded it for a 4-32.
I do see what everyone is talking about as small eye box. I have put about 50 rounds through this rifle with this scope off of a bench. But in different positions, I can see that there may be some problems. I am going to shoot it for a while and see how it goes.

I do see what everyone is talking about as small eye box. I have put about 50 rounds through this rifle with this scope off of a bench. But in different positions, I can see that there may be some problems. I am going to shoot it for a while and see how it goes.
You will get used to it once you get your head position figured out. I had the same concerns but no longer have a problem getting lined up behind it consistently.