What model are these rem 700's

tctt3

The one with the leupold vari x iii is a 270 and the other is a 7mm mag. He said it has a fixed power scope on it and the only sticker on it says "kenko". He was left several guns that I'm buying, but we have no idea what these are or what they're worth.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 93
They have custom paint jobs too. I'm just not sure what they are or value. Any help us GREATLY a appreciated!

That scope on top looks like a non-marked version of the SWFA SS fixed-power scopes. I have one in a 20x42 fixed with the Mil-Quad reticle. If that's what it is, that's pretty good glass.

But I've never heard of "Kenko"... There's a brand called Konus. I have one of those, too...But they're pretty cheap lower-end scopes.

After doing more research on Kenko optics, they originally built the "Super Sniper" scopes, which were bought out by SWFA, and now SFWA builds their own Super Sniper "SS" fixed power scopes. Which would explain why that particular scope looks just like my SFWA SS fixed power scope. LOL

Not sure how good the quality was on the old Kenko scopes, but if you replace it with an SWFA SS, you will NOT be disappointed for a $299 scope. When I bought mine, I ordered the sun shade, killflash, and butler creek caps at the same time...Made for a nice setup for target work.

Thanks Mud. That helps. He wants $750 for the 270 with the vari x iii, and $500 for the 7mm with that kenko. I see adl packages for $400 on GB, so just not sure if that's what these are, or if they're something else. The stocks don't match up to the adls I've seen, but im just not sure. Most all of the rest of his guns are new and wood. Very nice stuff. So, these 2 are confusing.

Thanks Mud. That helps. He wants $750 for the 270 with the vari x iii, and $500 for the 7mm with that kenko. I see adl packages for $400 on GB, so just not sure if that's what these are, or if they're something else. The stocks don't match up to the adls I've seen, but im just not sure. Most all of the rest of his guns are new and wood. Very nice stuff. So, these 2 are confusing.
I'd flip 10 fresh, crisp, unwrinkled bills on the table and say, "this is all I've got... Can you live with that?" Be sure to give them the puppy dog eyes at the same time. It just might work. LOL :D:D:D

Then if they argue, I'd say, "They didn't cost you anything, and you obviously aren't interested in keeping them, so if you really think about it, I'm basically standing here and offering you a free $1000 in trade, for something you don't have any interest in keeping..."

I'd flip 10 fresh, crisp, unwrinkled bills on the table and say, "this is all I've got... Can you live with that?" Be sure to give them the puppy dog eyes at the same time. It just might work. LOL :D:D:D

Then if they argue, I'd say, "They didn't cost you anything, and you obviously aren't interested in keeping them, so if you really think about it, I'm basically standing here and offering you a free $1000 in trade, for something you don't have any interest in keeping..."

Those look like ADLs with "custom paint" (aka spray paint finish). I agree with mud. Hold out 10 bills and say here you go. For bargaining purposes you can say I don't know the round count, the paint could be to cover up stock imperfections, you don't know the use or abuse on the rifles overall, its got a no name scope...etc. Good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.