What is your reloading process from start to bang!

I assumed that's what it was but just wanted to check. I think I will give it a try. Especially since I SS tumble and then have loads sit for a long time. Thanks man.

Just got back from range and on first trip with bergers in the 6 creed and found the load. Look node is about .6 gr wide! SD of 1! That is 5 with 105 berger hybrids at .010 off
59F32D1D-9C8A-4CE2-A847-5CEC8B67B2E6.jpeg

Why do you dry lube right before you charge and seat? I am just curious as my process is same except that step.

I hbn coat my bullets as well and am trying to prevent the cold weld by using imperial dry neck lube. I noticed it is easier seating the bullets, so I knew neck tension was better. I also experimented with imperial sizing wax on a q tip. I think it was better than the dry lube but I would mess up every now and the and touch the qtip to the powder and I was uncomfortable with that. I am going to make a new solution of alcohol and 3 times the dosage for the slurry of hbn to see if I can make it even better. I load a lot of bullets at time normally because during football season I can't load. (I'm a football coach and work six days a week including 4 a.m. on game nights so season is rough)

Looks solid brother just becareful with that cleaning after u size as u can introduce all kinds of crud to the inside of your die. That is typically why I deprime and clean as first two steps on fired brass.

Yes sir. I usually clean my dies after every three or four sizings. I should just get a decapping die.

Looks solid brother just becareful with that cleaning after u size as u can introduce all kinds of crud to the inside of your die. That is typically why I deprime and clean as first two steps on fired brass.

I recently read a thread on here where a guy was having an issue with his brass because he was using a SS pin tumbler, tumbling/cleaning his brass for a long period of time. He could not figure out why he was having difficulty closing the bolt on his rifle; thought he had a carbon ring, obstructed chamber of some kind. It was determined that leaving the brass in the pin tumbler for a long period of time caused the end of the brass to peen over burring the brass to the point where the bolt would not close. I agree with you about cleaning before resizing. I only wrote this in here saying not to go crazy with the cleaning process. I don't have a pin tumbler, use a Frankfort Arsenal media tumbler with walnut media and a lot of polish, would use a pin tumbler if I had one.

1. Anneal (magnums every 2nd firing, standard every 3rd)
2. Tumble corn cob media
3. Resize(.002-.005 shoulder bump)
4. Use Sinclair primer pocket leveller in drill to level/clean primer pockets
5. If never done before I uniform flash holes using the k&m
6. Trim and chamfer if needed.
7. Prime using rcbs hand priming tool
8. Dump powder in
9. Stick the bullet it
10. Choot em

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.