What is your process?

ohiohunter

In what order do you reload? And why?

I deprime, clean, anneal (sometimes), resize, **trim and load.
A) I don't want to gunk up my resizing die w/ carbon.
B) I anneal then resize for what I believe to be more consistant neck tension vs introducing a variable post resizing.. Am I wrong?

My friend: Resize/deprime, clean, anneal, and load. He can't tell me why he does this, he just does.

Last edited:
In what order do you reload? And why?

I deprime, clean, anneal (sometimes), resize, and load.
A) I don't want to gunk up my resizing die w/ carbon.
B) I anneal then resize for what I believe to be more consistant neck tension vs introducing a variable post resizing.. Am I wrong?

My friend: Resize/deprime, clean, anneal, and load. He can't tell me why he does this, he just does.
I trim if needed in a Gracey Power trimmer with special made die for trimming fired brass, collet neck size, and load on a Dillon Progressive. I never clean primer pockets, hardly ever clean brass, and have never annealed brass. Have been shooting the same LC brass for over 10 years without any problems.

I clean (so that krud on the cases doesn't get into the die)
Size and deprime simutaneously (without neck sizing button in the die)
Clean necks with bronze brush on rotary hand tool (battery operated screw driver)
Clean primer pockets
Trim if necessary
Wipe down to remove any sizing lube
Prime
Neck size
Load
I anneal only after every three or four firings

Size and deprime then trim then I tumble when that's done I debut and champfer the necks then I use shop air to blow out the inside of the case the whole process I'm inspecting the cases and culling any questionable case then I prime, charge and seat. I have done this way ever since I started reloading it seems to work..

I deprime with a pin and a small hammer
Tumble
Anneal
Brush neck with nylon brush
Size
Wipe off lube
Trim and chamfer and deburr if necessary
Clean primer pockets
Prime
Dip necks in powdered graphite
Powder
Bullet
Shoot
Repeat

Hand deprime with a 'decapper'
Take a turn in pockets with a uniformer
Wipe any carbon soot off necks
Drop in a vibratory cleaner
If needing shoulder bumped I do this, or go straight to bushing neck sizing
Expand necks with a mandrel die
Drop in a vibratory cleaner
prime, charge, seat

By this time my gun/barrel is clean, and I put the gun and ammo back in the safe.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.