Votes: 27 8.9%
  • >20 <25 ft lbs - medium rare

Votes: 73 24.2%
  • >25 <30 ft lbs - flexing in mirror

Votes: 50 16.6%
  • >30 ft lbs - rare and slightly moving OK

Votes: 140 46.4%

• Total voters
COME ON GUYS!!!!! The topic is recoil...not Ford vs Chevy....at the very least....tell us how many FT/LBS of torque you use....or how much you RECOIL a sloppy spring!
Hey Muddy said he wanted this thread to pass the other one. The other one went all over the place too. Just trying to add posts to help him out lol. 😁

Tell me more about these plugs. I'm deaf enough to need hearing aids, and I'm wondering if these would works as well as the electronic ear muffs I use at the range.

I've hunted twice with guys with a brake, and I won't ever again. I stood several feet directly behind one, and my ears rang for hours. I watched the other guy shoot at an oryx with a 300 RUM, and the blast made him flinch on the next 9 shots.

I haven't used them a great deal, especially in real hunting conditions….as I didn't get to handgun hunt this past fall.

But, in my limited testing here at home…..I'm pretty pleased.

They come with two different design/types of ear pieces to insert into the ear. The higher rated gives 29 decibel (I think) reduction. This was the one that I used, as my braked S&W 460 is unbelievably load…..very painfully so! In my testing in the back yard, they suppressed the muzzle blast as good as any plugs I've used.

In testing the sound enhancement seems to be pretty effective. I could increase the volume to the point at which my feet dragging through ankle high grass was annoying. However, at that degree of sound enhancement, if you get some wind ….you will get a bit of "roar" in you ear. That said, I think that distinctly hearing the slight rustle of grass may be more enhancement than necessary!

I think that they are a stereo type system. I've heard that some other systems do not allow the user to determine the direction that was the sound originated. This was a concern, as our primary intent was to know which direction the "bear bite" was coming from. Again, through minimal testing…..I was able to easily determine the direction of the sound source.
They have a very flexible, lightweight piece that goes around behind the ear. The first few times you try to insert the plug and use the "wrap-around", you feel like the proverbial "monkey with the football"! 😂 After getting familiar with the process….it does it's job pretty darn good.

The connecting wiring also requires a bit of adapting to. But, once you get them placed where you want them…..you pretty much don't know that they are there! This may not be the case, if you're only wearing a tee shirt. But, once they're "tucked" beneath an over shirt or similar….you'll forget the wires!

Overall, We're pretty pleased. And now, with the substantial discounts from some sellers…..they're almost cheap enough, if you're disappointed, you can throw them away with a clear conscience!

There you have it….my opinion, for what it's worth! memtb

That's what fed my kids through many years. Now it's Dodge transmissions, behind over tuned 6.7 diesels. And a lot of 6L80 units too.
That's what fed my kids through many years. Now it's Dodge transmissions, behind over tuned 6.7 diesels. And a lot of 6L80 units too.
I have 225k on my tuned 2004 Ford F250. Other things done to it also. Have never had one problem with trans. Have only changed fluid and filter once. Have added additives though.

My Ford can stand up to recoil much better than my Chevy. Sorry I'll let myself out.

My stomach "recoils" at the thought of ever owning a Chevy….I'm a Ram Diesel type guy! We've got a 20K pound 5th wheel…..wanted a "truck" pull it with!

See what I did there…..kept us on "recoil"! 😉

Though I do have a story for ya!

When we got our Ram (Ram #2), it was pretty plain as compared to the Fords/Chevys! My wife is a Ford girl. When talking to a friend of hers she was telling the lady how badly she hated the Ram. The lady said, "If you hate a Dodge so bad….why did you buy it"? My wife response, "We didn't buy a didn't buy a Dodge, we bought a Cummins…it came with a Dodge"! 🤔

Ya gotta love a woman that's got it figured out! 😉 memtb

My stomach "recoils" at the thought of ever owning a Chevy….I'm a Ram Diesel type guy! We've got a 20K pound 5th wheel…..wanted a "truck" pull it with!

See what I did there…..kept us on "recoil"! 😉

Though I do have a story for ya!

When we got our Ram (Ram #2), it was pretty plain as compared to the Fords/Chevys! My wife is a Ford girl. When talking to a friend of hers she was telling the lady how badly she hated the Ram. The lady said, "If you hate a Dodge so bad….why did you buy it"? My wife response, "We didn't buy a didn't buy a Dodge, we bought a Cummins…it came with a Dodge"! 🤔

Ya gotta love a woman that's got it figured out! 😉 memtb
I prefer Fords, but Dodge really does have a beter diesel engine, and it is quieter too.

I thought Cummins was owned by Ford 🤔
Ford owned a minority interest of common stock in Cummins in the 90s, it was enough to get one board member. They were bought out in a company buy back before the 2000s.

Source:

OTE 4. RELATED PARTIES: In 1990, Ford Motor Company and Tenneco
Inc., each purchased from Cummins 3.2 million shares of the Company's
common stock.
The shares were purchased pursuant to separate
investment agreements between Cummins and the investors. Both Ford
and Tenneco have agreed to certain voting, standstill and other
provisions and each has the right to designate a representative to the
Company's Board of Directors
. The Company also entered into an option
agreement with Ford pursuant to which Ford has the right, exercisable
until 1996, to purchase up to 2.96 million additional shares of the