What is your preference for trigger type and pull weight for long range hunting?

I have benchrest rifles at 2 oz. and a tap against the butt will set it off.
Are those Rem 3 lever conversions or Jewell's? I ask because I was surprised when my Jewel wouldn't jar off with a mallet strike To the butt and action!

I like 1.5lb or less trigger, for a long time I liked single stage, but the more I shoot I prefer the two stage triggers. I like the tt diamond and the calving elite

All my rifles are a pound or less, all I need is to feel the trigger nothing more and it's sent!!
Timney are my preferred triggers though Bix n Andy and Jewel are also a preferred trigger. I will not install Trigger Tech in anything but a custom action, I've had three drop the firing pins in Remington's when closing the bolt fast.

Most of my big game hunting In Maine is cold enough to have to wear gloves,which is chosen with trigger access considerations first that said,I set up two rifles.My sitting gun and my moving gun differently.both timmeys.

I have a Cooper Mod. 52 in 6.5x284 that has a great trigger. I have it set at 2.5 lbs. I always wondered if they made their own triggers or whose they used ?
I understand that Cooper triggers are a proprietary design and not interchangeable with aftermarket R700 designs. Having adjusted the pull weight on mine, it bears little resemblance to the usual suspects. They did sell a particular LR model a few years back that was supplied with a TImney trigger.

I understand that Cooper triggers are a proprietary design and not interchangeable with aftermarket R700 designs. Having adjusted the pull weight on mine, it bears little resemblance to the usual suspects. They did sell a particular LR model a few years back that was supplied with a TImney trigger.
I don't know how old my Cooper is but the trigger is nice. I adjusted to 2 pds. on it.
No creep. Feels as good as a Timney to me.
Thanks for the info !

I don't know how old my Cooper is but the trigger is nice. I adjusted to 2 pds. on it.
No creep. Feels as good as a Timney to me.
Thanks for the info !
I think the feel of a trigger is greatly influenced by striker mechanism/design of the action.. which Cooper has done a great job in harmonizing the two. Likewise, I have an older Surgeon 586 action with a very silky striker set-up that will flatter and neutralize the differences in feel using just about any of my high grade aftermarket triggers.