What is your preference for trigger type and pull weight for long range hunting?

I have my triggers set at 2.5lbs. I shot 3 whitetails and and an elk last Nov and Dec in some fairly cold temps. How's the cold work for you guys shooting in really cold temps and those 1 -1.5lb triggers?

I have my triggers set at 2.5lbs. I shot 3 whitetails and and an elk last Nov and Dec in some fairly cold temps. How's the cold work for you guys shooting in really cold temps and those 1 -1.5lb triggers?
My main rifle runs 8oz and I hunt in well below 0 conditions all the time, very rarely will I run a trigger more than 1.5 lbs and I see no difference between 80 degrees or -20.

We run 2-5 ounce triggers for everything. From match guns to hunting rifles. Everything feels the same. Have not had any issues from cold high country hunts to hot matches in the summer. We are use to them and we like it light and crisp.

Most of my rifles are Rem 700 type and Tikka. I prefer light triggers.use Timneys and Jewell but my main concern is carrying a round in the chamber and walk around with the rifle shouldered and lift the bolt unintentionally while carrying it. 3 position safeties avoid that but find that type of safeties on Rem type rifles

All of my hunting rifles wear a Tubb T7T. The 338RUM was set light and practicing I stumbled into it. It's now heavier. I cannot yet quote pull weight as I only recently bought a pull guage. I will now be able to adjust all of the hunting rifles to 1.5#.

I got into the Tubb after Remington recalled their triggers. Talking to a good gunsmith friend he said every one that failed that went through his hands was chock full of gunk. All of the popular triggers I know of are enclosed, like the Remington, except this one. The T7T is an open architecture so stuff that gets into it can get out. It's also a two stage with each stage independently adjustable.

The Hock

I put a timney trigger in my howa mini action because it was the only aftermarket adjustable trigger available "that I know of". Groups shrank from 1.25" to .650". I have mine set at 1.5# because thats the lowest safe recommended setting.

I'm not saying that timney is the best trigger out there but it's easily twice as good as ANY stock trigger out there.

I shoot single stage triggers in bolt action rifles and 2 stage in semi autos.

A have a trigger tech in my 300prc and it's set to 1#

I have a trigger tech going in my fast twist 25-06AI that will be set at 1#

I understand the premise behind having a 2oz trigger pull.....but that aint me. I like to have the rifle "scare" me when it goes off.....but 2oz is a little light for my taste.

What is your preference for trigger type and pull weight for long range hunting?

Strong preference: sub-1lb trigger pull weight, assuming very crisp, very smooth, and little to no creep.

Haven't had many rifles, and haven't done hunting in a few years. Can tolerate higher pull-weight on a lever-action. Have done as little as 5oz on a benchrest type target rifle.

I suppose my favorite trigger so far is the Jewell HVR.