What is the absolutely most accurate automatic Powder Despenser???

I personally use a Chargemaster 1500 for most of my rifle loading. Its great so load testing when you are only loading 5-10 rounds then changing loads. I have an Acculab scale that I can confirm things with and they've always matched each other. As with any electronic scale, proper warmup and calibration is MUST.

Thanks so much for the inputs with my powder dispensing questions!!! It gives a lot to consider. Almost sounds like I may have a Chargemaster in my future with all the great accolades. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH AGAIN! You simply can't beat someone else's experience, it definitely helps me going forward. :)

Thanks so much for the inputs with my powder dispensing questions!!! It gives a lot to consider. Almost sounds like I may have a Chargemaster in my future with all the great accolades. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH AGAIN! You simply can't beat someone else's experience, it definitely helps me going forward. :)

They are quick and simple and accurate. What more do you need?

[

I've modified my CM so that I can quickly tune to each powder so that the last jog drops a single kernel of that powder. I have to watch it and see for myself that last jog didn't drop 2 kernels instead of one. I don't just set it & forget it.
Anyone here could do this, I could show you how.[/QUOTE]

Mike,

How do you do this? I just bought a chargemaster and am using h4350. I check the scale against a gempro 250, and it's right on, no problem there. But MOST of the time, it overthrows by .1 grains, sometimes .2. It seems like right at the end, it just sends too much.

I do have the straw fix in place. But charges actually thrown right on, probably 25% maybe 30%.

This is the second one I have, btw...the first had other problems where it would not zero. As I said, the scale on this one appears perfect and very accurate, it just overthrows most of the time.

Still, it's faster than just doing the gempro alone and trickling, much faster.

I installed a 10 turn 10-ohm potentiometer inline with the charging motor.
While slowing the motor a bit may seem a detriment to our goal, the action here really affects only the slowest jog speed.
Well;
~1% of 100% spd
~2% of 50% spd
~10% of 10% spd
~0-100% of 1% jog spd

Attachments

• ScaleMod2SM.jpg
    ScaleMod2SM.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 94
  • CMmodsSM.jpg
    CMmodsSM.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 86
I installed a 10 turn 10-ohm potentiometer inline with the charging motor.
While slowing the motor a bit may seem a detriment to our goal, the action here really affects only the slowest jog speed.
Well;
~1% of 100% spd
~2% of 50% spd
~10% of 10% spd
~0-100% of 1% jog spd

Wow, very cool. But definitely above my skill grade!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts