Most accurate powder scale under $200

jmaars

Well, Ive had a Dillon D Terminator electronic scales for 15 yrs or so. They just quit. Trying to figure what to buy. Dillon?? lots of suggestions here. Need electronic, My eyes arent so good any more, Eye surgery next month, But I dont think I need a $600 scale?? Thinking about it though. Shooting 1000 yds. or so. I also have the old OHAS 5-0-5, 30 yrs old and a Lyman 1200 trickler system. Works fine just not for working up loads. Any experience with the newer Dillons? Leaning that way? Suggestions? Although I think they are $250 or so??

david g ranes

Loo ok look lol lol lookoooko ok I look ooo look ok ok I’ll look I’ll
KookoooookoooookkookkooooookkkkokkOoooooooooooooooommomo ok look oookoooko look poop oookmlmmommmoo
Don’t know how this got on her because I didn’t write it I was looking at the forum and a friend called so evidently while talking to him I was pushing buttons I’m bad. David

Slibey

Funny story, used balance beam that came with ribs kit 60 years ago worked fine for what doing .Ten years ago go I got interested in bench, longer ranges. Got a charge master, great, hit the number dump charge nd go. Well got lots of variation. Well dummy me slowed down and started paying attention. Lo and behold just wait abit then it will stablixe and give plus or minus grains tweezer and problem solved

P7M13

LRH Team Member
I was hoping you were ok, and not having a medical event....

Back on track here, I've been using this scale recently as a backup/ check for my pair of Hornady scales. Seems to be functional so far. -DBS46-2 model shows weight in grains, most of this brand do NOT.
I have the same family of US Solid scale, in the 300 gram unit.
I used to have a Hornady LnL auto dispenser. It was more consistent than my RCBS (gen 1), but man, the mother was S-L-O-W for anything above 55gr.
Got pizzed enough to do something about it.
I chanced upon two Belding and Mull Powder drops at a favorite gun shop, bought them on the spot. Both needed the drop cylinder. I had some extra powder measures for my muzzle loader, they fit perfectly. Just had to pull off the cone.
I was using a lab spatula for final kernel drop but found it to be too cumbersome, so went out and picked up a RCBS hand trickler at another fav gun shop for $10. Easy Peasy now.

US Solid scale : $140.
Belding & Mull powder drop, $35.
Black Powder drop tube, $15.
RCBS powder trickler, $10.

So, I'm $200 all in, takes me less than 10 seconds to drop a charge (and that's not rushing), no matter the volume, and it's within 0.05gr of target.
Since setting up the above, I've only done one hundred 243 Win cases, and I am *really* liking it.

The current PITA is that it's ergonomics suck. Too much motion because the B&M is mounted to the side of the scale.
I think I have the parts to build an assembly that keep it self contained.

The M5 stays in the drawer. Didn't realize I had sold my 10-10.

Today a friend offered me his spare, BNIB Fx120i. I'd like to set the two up side by side to look at responsiveness and accuracy.

david g ranes

I have the same family of US Solid scale, in the 300 gram unit.
I used to have a Hornady LnL auto dispenser. It was more consistent than my RCBS (gen 1), but man, the mother was S-L-O-W for anything above 55gr.
Got pizzed enough to do something about it.
I chanced upon two Belding and Mull Powder drops at a favorite gun shop, bought them on the spot. Both needed the drop cylinder. I had some extra powder measures for my muzzle loader, they fit perfectly. Just had to pull off the cone.
I was using a lab spatula for final kernel drop but found it to be too cumbersome, so went out and picked up a RCBS hand trickler at another fav gun shop for $10. Easy Peasy now.

US Solid scale : $140.
Belding & Mull powder drop, $35.
Black Powder drop tube, $15.
RCBS powder trickler, $10.

So, I'm $200 all in, takes me less than 10 seconds to drop a charge (and that's not rushing), no matter the volume, and it's within 0.05gr of target.
Since setting up the above, I've only done one hundred 243 Win cases, and I am *really* liking it.

The current PITA is that it's ergonomics suck. Too much motion because the B&M is mounted to the side of the scale.
I think I have the parts to build an assembly that keep it self contained.

The M5 stays in the drawer. Didn't realize I had sold my 10-10.

Today a friend offered me his spare, BNIB Fx120i. I'd like to set the two up side by side to look at responsiveness and accuracy.
The belding and mull speed things up considerably I’ve used one ever since seeing a friend of mine use his which has been quite a few years ago I’ve bought 3 of them just in case I’d need parts and glad I have them. David