What extinct or endangered animal would you like to hunt and what rifke wouod you use ?

Driven Quetzalcaotalus and Pteranodon using a fine Holland & Holland 4 Bore side by side with TSS shot of course...

ptero.png

Last edited:
T-rex with a 6.5 Creedmoor running an eldm. Because I could do it at 1000y.
You know it's likely the 6.5 creedmoor has killed t-Rex. According to Einstein's relativity, if you somehow exceeded the speed of light you'd experience time backwards (or something, no physics expert here 🤣), go backward in time.

Now we all know that a hot loaded Creed makes photons blush with shame on account of their glacial slowness…so everytime someone "misses" with a 6.5 creed (which we all know shouldn't be possible) what actually happened is the bullet was so fast it travelled backwards in time. Probably so far back that many 6.5 creed bullets actually do end up hitting dinosaurs….why do y'all think they went extinct? 🤪🤪🤪🤪

'Twas the CREED!!!!!

Last edited:
Driven Quetzalcaotalus and Pteranodon using a fine Holland & Holland 4 Bore side by side with TSS shot of course...

View attachment 564539
I say try and get a grand slam of these with an Apache, but here is the catch. It's guns are turned to semi auto. Good luck! Hope you are a Top Gun like pilot. Course I like the idea of the 4 bore H&H too! Might want to have several of them with very close by gun bearers cause these upland waterfowl hunt back! 😅

I've watched this thread with some interest, and pondered a reasonable answer a bit…..I've got two.

First, and it should surprise no one… I'd be using my only hunting rifle.

The easy pick would be a Saber Tooth Tiger……no additional load work to do. My AI with my present load ….270 gr. LRX would be adequate.

The other would require a different bullet, requiring the consumption of critical components, which in itself would be a difficult task for me. Take a Mastadon with my AI using a Barnes 350 TSX FB. Perhaps not the best cartridge/load for the job, but I'm comfortable with the rifle. And as many have said…..it's all about placement! 😉 memtb

I've watched this thread with some interest, and pondered a reasonable answer a bit…..I've got two.

First, and it should surprise no one… I'd be using my only hunting rifle.

The easy pick would be a Saber Tooth Tiger……no additional load work to do. My AI with my present load ….270 gr. LRX would be adequate.

The other would require a different bullet, requiring the consumption of critical components, which in itself would be a difficult task for me. Take a Mastadon with my AI using a Barnes 350 TSX FB. Perhaps not the best cartridge/load for the job, but I'm comfortable with the rifle. And as many have said…..it's all about placement! 😉 memtb
What is your hunting rifle? 375H&H AI?