What would you do??

Well, there was a related thread about what the appropriate course of action is in this type of scenario would be and I believe they should have a chance to make it right. I can tell you what I'd do if I owned the rifle company. I'd send you the tan & black stock and tell you to just keep the other one for your trouble. It just plain makes business sense. They might be out a few hundred bucks (if that) and you would be happy and tell every body about it. Win-Win.

I agree with you YZ, get the other stock and call it even or they pay to ship the other one back.

At least you are man enough to admit it was your mistake. LOL

I once had a similar thing happen and went off a little on the company. It had been an 18 month wait. They said they would send me the replacement the next day but in the mean time I checked original invoice and I ordered wrong (yes I should have checked first). I felt about half an inch tall.

I originally wanted a custom stock color, & they told me there might be an additional 4-5 weeks wait for that color, so I told them just go ahead with the standard tan & black. I actually did not know they had a black & gray listed, so no mistakes on my end! Ideally if their stocks are more or less drop in, sending the correct stock would suit me fine. It may need there custom touch though, hopefully I`ll find out more Monday.

A little late for your situation but this is why I acquire all the components myself. I am also fortunate to have access to at least 5 reputable gunsmiths within an hour's drive, one of which is 2 miles from my house. Ditto on what @PredatorSlayer noted.

I know it's not what you wanted ..But..Is grey really all that much worse than tan?
If it came Fuchsia I would get it..If it were a major issue like wrong hand or caliber
that would be something else...

Sorry friend for your disappointment, but like mentioned you should take it up with the vendor....first. We really can't do anything for you except listen to you vent...and that is OK, but rather it be after you attempted to reconcile. Good luck!

I purposely did not mention the vender, & I contacted them ASAP when I saw the mistake, so mentioning rule 7 does not apply here in my opinion! My question was kinda along the lines of the TV program, What would you do, maybe venting a little, but curious too?? There actually was another thing that I`m not happy about but mentioning it would likely give the Gun makers identity away, so I`ll keep that as my business. I will update after they call or do not call me back Monday as I was promised! I was actually a little put out they did not have the salesman call me right back the same afternoon as I made them aware of the mistake!!!

First of all, I think by not immediately "throwing the company under the bus" by not revealing who they are is commendable, at least right now. I can see the varied opinions on the other posts which are all valid but I think the bottom line is that if there is another issue you have and didn't mention here then send it back and have both issues corrected. When all is said and done, you may then want to post their name either praising them for making it right or slam them for not doing so.

I don't send food back either...But that's for a differsseent reason... You seen what those people will do to your food if you **** them off? Yeah, I'll just eat the wrong food.

Mud please set a good example with your language.

Thanks

You paid for an item. The item delivered was not the item you paid for. It is perfectly acceptable to ask them to make it right at their expense. If you sent the check with an amount other than what you promised, you would be expected to make it right.
Customer service is all that separates a company from many others... (often times many others who suck at what they do).
I'm my father's son, do what you say you're gonna do and if you make a mistake, make it better than right and do it right now. It is uncomfortable for me to be otherwise. But for those who conduct business that way, I am a very loyal customer.

I would definitely give the builder the chance to make it right, even if that means shipping the gun back. If it bothers you enough to put it out on a forum, then I would say follow through with this. It's frustrating when ya spend the money, invest the time into a custom build and it doesn't turn out right. I've been there. Several times. In one instance, I researched the fix and did it myself. Other times it has been back to gunsmith for him to fix. Mistakes happen. Heck, stockmaker May have sent wrong stock. I've had that happen 2x now. Got a tan and black stock that the tan looked almost pink...Good luck with this and I hope it works out satisfactorily for both sides.

I purposely did not mention the vender, & I contacted them ASAP when I saw the mistake, so mentioning rule 7 does not apply here in my opinion! My question was kinda along the lines of the TV program, What would you do, maybe venting a little, but curious too?? There actually was another thing that I`m not happy about but mentioning it would likely give the Gun makers identity away, so I`ll keep that as my business. I will update after they call or do not call me back Monday as I was promised! I was actually a little put out they did not have the salesman call me right back the same afternoon as I made them aware of the mistake!!!
Sorry boys, but with the cost of building a complete rifle these days, it should be completed as ordered. I have had well over a dozen rifles built by various gunsmiths and to a smith, if the delivered product was not "as ordered", they made it right at no additional cost to me. I would expect no less in this case. If they want to adjust the cost of the order to my liking for their mistake and I can live with it, so be it. If not, they can take it back on their dime and complete the rifle as ordered and delivering it to me again on their dime.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.