What does Deer Hunting teach you?

I deer hunt more for the experience than for the harvest. There is just something magical and fulfilling being out in the woods or fishing on a small river. I actually find I have a harder time sitting in one spot (tree stand or ground) in my older years. I don't think it is a patience issue. It's more of a pain tolerance issue. If I sit motionless for long periods of time, my aches and pains tell me to move.

Perseverance, persistence, accepting not harvesting not as defeat, but still seeing it as a success, learning it's the process, not just then end result that determines growth and success. Loving the quietness, slowness and steady progression of nature. Seeing God's hand in every little detail and appreciating the wholeness of His creation!

All the above but I've been sitting at home for several days in a lot of pain so at this point, I will say it teaches me that I can no longer do what I used to.
Sorry to hear this my friend....6 Hot buttered Rums...2 before you get into a deep hot bath..( so you can move to get in) 2 during....( so you can move to get back out) and 2 when you get back to your easy chair! Good as new!

My business and life experience has taught me that folks who shoot, hunt, fish and farm are generally a higher caliber human.

The list of life lessons gained while hunting is very long. It includes patience, drive, persistence, honesty, capitalizing limited opportunity, humility, dealing with failure, discomfort and disappointment. I could go on but probably the most important is a profound respect and appreciation of the great Creator and our natural world