What do you throw/weigh/trickle powder with and…..

nksmfamjp

Inspirational Thread

What do you throw/weigh/trickle powder with?

How long does it take?

I'm asking because I use the original Hornady dispenser. It is hands off and dispenses pretty quick…actually, it kind of depends…..but about 30s per charge. I'm going to changeover to my Creedmoor Sports TX-925/Hornady powder measure, Dandy Trickler combo this week and compare. I'm thinking I can match or beat speeds. Additionally, the stability will be a welcome change.
…..but I'm interested in what you folks are doing??

45+ seconds:
  1. Bulk - Lee Dipper
  2. Hornady Scale or a FA pocket scale
  3. Redding Manual Trickler
~30 seconds:
  1. Bulk Drop - Hornady Autocharge set 0.2gn short
  2. Move to second Hornady Scale
  3. Redding Manual Trickler
~30 seconds:
  1. Bulk Drop - Hornady Autocharge set 0.2gn short
  2. Move to US Solid 0.001g lab scale
  3. Dandy Vibratory Trickler (really didn't save much time, just made it easier to hit to the kernel that moved the next 0.1gn)
~10 seconds:
  1. Autorickler V4 - all in one

As fast as I can move the cases and pull the handle:
  1. Lee Auto Drum (perfectly fine for subsonic AR loads)

V3 Autotrickler to the kernel in 10 sec or less. It's faster than I can pour it through the funnel and seat bullets. My chargemaster with software upgrade is pretty fast… 13-15 sec but one in 10 will over shoot and I have to throw it back into the hopper or pull a pinch out of the pan.

Redding Match LR for my big cases, Redding 3BR for everything else and a Harrell for my small precision cases like 17Rem, 222Rem, 6.5x47 Lapua and 22-250/22-250AI.
I load by CC's, initial weight is determined on a few electronic and manual beam scale devices. However, I find CC's to be far more accurate.

Cheers.

I use an RCBS Chargemaster Lite to throw the bulk a .1 grain light, then drop it on my beam scale (calibrated with check weights before every session) and trickle up with a manual powder trickler. Not fast but not slow either but very consistent and my SD/ES numbers are very low. By the time I'm through seating the bullet the Chargemaster has the next load ready. I'm sure there are better ways but this builds redundancy in weighing, no worries about fluctuations from the electronic scale and is very consistent.

I use an RCBS Chargemaster Lite to throw the bulk a .1 grain light, then drop it on my beam scale (calibrated with check weights before every session) and trickle up with a manual powder trickler. Not fast but not slow either but very consistent and my SD/ES numbers are very low. By the time I'm through seating the bullet the Chargemaster has the next load ready. I'm sure there are better ways but this builds redundancy in weighing, no worries about fluctuations from the electronic scale and is very consistent.
Exactly my method as well.

Harrell's Precision manual powder thrower. (Overkill but I already had it)
V3 powder trickler (Just the trickler)
on to A&D 120i scale ( got it before they became so popular in the $400 range)

Measures to the kernel in about 12 seconds per with very repeatable results.

Inspirational Thread

What do you throw/weigh/trickle powder with?

How long does it take?

I'm asking because I use the original Hornady dispenser. It is hands off and dispenses pretty quick…actually, it kind of depends…..but about 30s per charge. I'm going to changeover to my Creedmoor Sports TX-925/Hornady powder measure, Dandy Trickler combo this week and compare. I'm thinking I can match or beat speeds. Additionally, the stability will be a welcome change.
…..but I'm interested in what you folks are doing??
RCBS Uniflow to throw charges within 1/2 to 1 gr of my goal, then RCBS manual trickler to get to goal I use an RCBS 5-10 balance scale. I verify the scale several times during a loading session with a series of check weights and re-verify zero from time to time. I will also pull one charged case in every 25 and dump it back on the scale just to be sure. Keep those little agate blocks where the beam rests clean, No liquid cleaners, just wipe out with a q-tip now and then. I also have an el-cheapo digital scale that I throw into the mix once in a while just as a sanity check.