What are using to throw and weight powder charges?

I have been using a Chargemaster for several years that throws within .1gr. About 2 or 3 charges out of 50 may be over or under .1gr which I will adjust using a spatula with the pan in place. I confirm the accuracy of the charges with a balance beam scale every 50 or so charges and it typically matches within .1gr. My tuned loads(OCW) will hold 5FPS/.1gr which is sufficient for my competition and LRH needs, with SD's 5 or less.

I weigh every load as close to the same as I can so when the bullet doesn't hit where it was intended I know pretty much it was me that caused it not to . I do a lot , that many people don't with my brass before it even sees a load but then I'm a little ocd about reloading .

I use the Lee dipper spoons to get the bulk of my powder . I'm usually within a few kernels of powder . I either dip a few out or add a couple to get to my desired weight . I also have a dandy trickler , but I've kind of got away from using it . I weigh my powder to the exact weight to + a kernel . I catch myself looking for a small , or big kernel . I know it sounds dumb but , I load everything like this . Precision is never dumb

edit to add .
what's the accuracy like on the chargemaster ? I've never used one .

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts