What are using to throw and weight powder charges?

I use my first reloading kit Lee powder dispenser weigh using a rcbs m505 beam scale and a Hornaday powder trickler to bring the charge up to its final weight. My ES on my current .300 win mag load is 18 and my SD is 8. It shoots sub half MOA out to 800 yards.

Lee scoops And FX120I with the auto trickler...as long as I can get the scoop under target weight i am happy and let the Fx120i and auto trickler top it off while i seat a bullet.

Works well and the scoops are super inexpensive compared to the chargemaster.

I don't load large quantities at a time. Dial in the powder thrower and finish with a trickler on the 10-10 scale. Tried two electronic throwers, but they didn't show consistency or accuracy. Heck, I'm retired and have lots of time.

I use a Harrels to drop powder and a cheapo battery operated Hornady to mesure.

Lee dippers into a Redding #2 beam scale, trickle up with a Redding #5 powder trickler and then weigh again with a Hornady Lock N Load electronic scale.

2 Chargemasters set to throw .1 short and then trickle up with a Hornady Auto Trickler weighed on an Ohaus AV213. Took notes on actual weights from the chargemasters verified on the Ohaus. Checked the ohaus about every 10 with a 50 grain check weight.
A05D106E-184D-46CF-A68E-F67D6D3349C4.jpeg

i use 2 charge-masters. it throws, i pick up the pan and set it back down to confirm the weight. i zero them each time. i have weighted on other scales and its right on 19/20 of the times, if its off, i just dump and re-throw.

im sure there are more accurate ways, but i cant shoot the difference.

Just curious what most people are using to throw and weight powder charges? And with that method what are u seeing as far as load to load consistency? Or better question what is your acceptable variance that u find acceptable from load to load between those powder charges? I am running a A&D Fx120i with dandy powder trickler as my final measurement tool which is after I throw initial charge on chargemaster. My standard is each load has to be within .02 gr of each other which is normally a kernal or in some powders half a kernal. Is this to analytical for standard loads? I mean I know it depends on each guns purpose but personally I treat all guns the same whether a plinker for steel at 1k or straight BR gun that has full weight sorted brass, primers, bullets etc. just wondering views from others! Thanks
View attachment 137626
I use the old powder dump that came with my RCBS kit to start with, good to a 505 beam scale and then trickle to finish.
I used to shoot a lot, 100rnds rifle, 200-300rnds pistol and 1000+ shotgun every week. Now I might shoot that much in a year.
I've tried different set ups with electronic meters and scales. I always went back to my original setup to double check the accuracy. There were always differences.
I realized I might as well just go back to my original setup and have done just that for the last 15 years.
I don't have to wonder about it any more. They are as close as I can get em.

I use an RCBS Evenflow powder measure, an RCBS trickler and my ancient Redding oil damped scale (I weigh every one). I have those items on a board so I can bring it all to the kitchen table, have seat and charge the cases. I use a flashlight to verify the charges or a plastic rod to verify the load of Bullseye to be sure there are no squib loads or double charges.

RCBS Chargemaster, I have weighed trickled, etc. I pick loads in the middle of the node and have not seen enough difference in SD or ES to justify trying to get the charge perfect since I shoot to practice to hunt and living in Indiana most deer are taken at less than 200 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts