What do you think they should get?

Okay you're making a ton of assumptions about a lot of people on this thread with no evidence. I'm not trying to start anything either please understand that. I've had lots of good conversation with you in the past and look forward to more in the future 🙂. Nothing but good will here.

But it's honestly starting to seem like the point of this thread has been to identify people who don't feel or think the same as you and then go after them about that. No one here is trashing your country, nor your honourable service to it. Not everyone feels as strongly about symbolism and that doesn't mean they think you're ridiculous for feeling as strongly as you do nor does it automatically prove they've never sacrificed anything for their country or that their not patriots. Heck I'm not even American but my nation is very secure in the world in many ways because of our relationship with the USA and so I will still say

Thank you for your service.

No one here is against you sir.
You are on point. I'll stand down.
Sorry I upset folks. I am so very passionate about my country. It's not perfect, but what is? Apologies to the membership. I did not mean to offend.

Did anybody read into what the National Audubon Society is stating. The eagles are being shot. That's the reason for the decline. The windmills generating electric power is killing most of them. The wind farms have been understating the amount of birds being killed every year. They are lying thru there teeth. Even the solor panels that send the rays to a tower are killing birds. Not to mention the materials that have to be excavated and processes to make them.
It take more energy to make and remove the windmills in pollution, than they save. It's a big cover up. It's additional taxes, and energy costs to us. The far left doesn't know anything except how to LIE.
People don't take the time to read and find out what's really going on.
I truly wish and pray for an alternative to fossil fuels. Is wind energy the answer? Don't know for sure. Causes other issues. Just don't see a happy medium here.

You are on point. I'll stand down.
Sorry I upset folks. I am so very passionate about my country. It's not perfect, but what is? Apologies to the membership. I did not mean to offend.
Takes a big person to say something like that. All good as far as I'm concerned. Looking forward to good conversation in the future. I too am not ashamed of my country but very much embarrassed by its leadership.

🇺🇸 God bless America
🇨🇦 God keep our land glorious and free.

Sure we do. The bald eagle is the national bird. The bison is the national mammal. People eat them all the time. Killing a bald eagle is bad because killing raptors is illegal…there is no inherent immorality in it absent the law.

People arguing for executing the individuals is absurd and obviously has a lot more to do with the ethnicity and nationality of the offenders rather than the crime itself.
I never said they should be executed. That's over the top. Deportation is probably the only thing applicable. Can't fine them, they dont seem to have any. Shouldn't send them to jail, additional burden on taxpayers.

I can't imagine it tasting very good.
Me either, then I found out the same thing on lots of wild animals. I really enjoy eating cougar! I know a group of guys from South America, and they eat Robbins every spring through summer. They really enjoy them and offer them up. We are just too much of a chicken. Now as far as the poaching goes. I would easily guess they are in the country Illegally, (Crime) Alien Possession of Firearm (Crime), Poaching (Crime), Killing endangered species (Crime). Their knowledge or lack, hunger, or any other reason if they were in this country illegally (bet lunch on it) means didly squat. What sucks is we have not held Illegals, or even Americans responsible with listed punishments and I dont expect it to be any different here.

Me either, then I found out the same thing on lots of wild animals. I really enjoy eating cougar! I know a group of guys from South America, and they eat Robbins every spring through summer. They really enjoy them and offer them up. We are just too much of a chicken. Now as far as the poaching goes. I would easily guess they are in the country Illegally, (Crime) Alien Possession of Firearm (Crime), Poaching (Crime), Killing endangered species (Crime). Their knowledge or lack, hunger, or any other reason if they were in this country illegally (bet lunch on it) means didly squat. What sucks is we have not held Illegals, or even Americans responsible with listed punishments and I dont expect it to be any different here.
The bald eagle is many things, but it's not endangered. It's recovery is one of the greatest success stories of the endangered species act.

I'm laughing about what chickens we are…

I saw a thing a while back where the famous chef Gordon Ramsay went to Cambodia to learn about local cuisine. Where he was they had acquired a taste for deep fried tarantulas. Not joking (and I'd rather eat a thistle!…snakes, bears, wasps…they shouldn't be messed with but big spiders just make my friggin skin CRAWWWWWWLLLLL!) Sad origin story to that though…during the Khmer Rouge so many people were faced with starving to death (yay communism) that they truly learned to eat things they never would have considered food…and then acquired a taste for some of their new "discoveries".

He admittedly hated it but he did try it and tried to be as respectful to the locals as he could while spitting it out 🤣

I do know that this is actually something they eat there. But I couldn't help but smile imagining a bunch of mischievous kids running home to their mamas and saying

"You won't believe what we talked that white guy into eating!!!!!" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

0If you're going to reside in this (still) great nation you need to know our laws.
I 100% agree, and it goes beyond shooting our Natioanal Bird.
Probably 20 years or more ago, I belonged to a small sportsmans club in Mn.
The local Game Warden used to come to our monthly meetings and talk about the goings on in the area.
One month, he spoke of coming across some legal immigrants from SE Asia who, when he asked for their take, showed him about every species of song bird we had.
He explained that no amount of counciling them ever seemed to change their habits that they'd brought with them from their Homeland.
He was clearly frustrated as it sounded like he'd had several conversations with these folks, with no change in their habits.
I don't know if the shooter was from that same group, but at some point a bowhunter was shot out of the tree by someone of similar heritage.

I believe he survived, which is amazing because if memory serves he took birdshot from a 12 gauge to the neck, but that is irrelevant.

The Game Warden, when talking about the incident, explained that he was not the least bit surprised because their normal reaction to any movement was to turn and shoot whatever it was that moved.

Again, if memory serves, the shooter did not attempt to help the wounded man. Instead, he ran out of the woods, emptying his pockets of ammo.

They caught the guy, but I dont believe they even procesecuted him.

2004 in WI, some c. vang guy, shot 8 deer hunters, killed 6, and 1 was a young girl deer hunter but, somehow thought he was justified. He is in prison today forever! Is just a very horrible individual, who didn't quite understand trespassing or private land concept.