What do you guys do in the off season?

Hunting Season is my "off season". For the last few years I've been into competitive CMP/NRA HighPower competitions. I train/practice regularly during the spring/summer/early fall. Then when the matches dry up for the season...it's time to spend time more time with the family....especially in the woods.

I don't have an off season. Can hunt predators all year. I do get burned out so ride dirt bikes all summer, shoot matches or practice on a pritvate range, camp and ride the utv. I do a lot of scouting in the summer as well

My trigger finger never quits! Registered trap, skeet, sporting clays, indoor pistol (22cal), Get my street rod and cruse (64 Nova). Fishing, family things, 3 grand kids!!! Reloading rifle, pistol and shotgun shells. Tweak p-dog rifles. What FUN!!! I'll quit here!

Chores on farm. Feed animals. Shoot coyotes reload test loads ice fish get Grand children shooting or ice fishing whenever possible. Spring snow goose hunt a bit of work to feed hobby. Possible salmon halibut fishing trip. More shooting reloading

Im lucky i can go out 365 days of the year, spring time is lamb time so foxs and crows and magpies are on the menu, we can set up in a hide and shoot over a hundred crows with the shotgun in a day, crop protection means pigeons are a problem, rabbits and squirrels we can shoot, We havent big stuff like you guys but loads of small stuff, it must be creepy hunting big stuff that might also be hunting you, happy shooting guys stay safe

Time to drown worms and chase the Tuna- Swordfish - Marlin- Shark - Stripers - Fluke etc. I don't know about the fuel prices this year and don't like what they are saying around the fuel docks. Will start opening the boats in another week or two. Here in the NE marina season is 5-15 to 10-15 , but do go from late April till Turkey Day depending on the weather. May not be making as many trips- but they will be longer trips instead of 2 day going to 3-4 day trips, maybe a lot more drift fishing and less trolling- Wahoo
Do hope all had a great hunting season, I'll miss the bird upland hunting for sure. Back in 2005-2006 gas at the docks in CT was around $ 4.25 average was like 3.79-3.95 for 89 when I left Essex , Saybrook , Old Lyme to bring boat back to Hudson River, that ran me 1200.00 that day I'll never forget that fuel stop good thing I had the extra cash in my escape bag. Block Island & Martha's Vineyard was always higher. I know my buddies with the twin 2400 HP 60-75 Ft boats and the ballistic missile's carrying 4 x 425 or 5 of them and running @ 50-75 MPH will not care. - It will hurt them but never tell anyone pumping 2-3600 gals to fill there tanks & the missile's with there 6-800 gal one run tanks. One buddy from the Cape area has his new boat ( not even a year old with 4 x 425 HP ) up for sale cause he just ordered one with the new 600 HP x 4 -so he could go faster. I'll just keep running there boats for them.

Last edited:
swordfish 03-17-06 (2).jpg

Find these or a variety of other saltwater critters!

Dirt bike on mountain trails, ride horse some, finish kitchen this year(hopefully). Garden, work of course for a couple more years.

Who doesn't get just a little sad when hunting season is over? Springtime for me can be somewhat depressing, perhaps its the colorless and winter torn look of the high-country I love to play in. But spring also is a new beginning of a whole new type of activities, as it begins to warm up and green begins flourish through the hills, there is still much to do. It might be shed hunting or hunting spring varmints, but here is a little project we did on what to do in the off season:

There isn't an "Off Season" in GA.
Always something to hunt here and if there is an animal not here in GA we go to other States.