What do you guys do in the off season?

coldboremiracle

Who doesn't get just a little sad when hunting season is over? Springtime for me can be somewhat depressing, perhaps its the colorless and winter torn look of the high-country I love to play in. But spring also is a new beginning of a whole new type of activities, as it begins to warm up and green begins flourish through the hills, there is still much to do. It might be shed hunting or hunting spring varmints, but here is a little project we did on what to do in the off season:

Coyote hunt now, turkey starts in 2 weeks, hunt more coyotes, shoot prairie dogs, hunt more coyotes and in all that got to work alittle to. Archery deer is coming sooner than you think. And it starts all over.
It seems like there is no off season , when I'm not hunting I'm getting ready for the next season. Deer stand repair , working on a new rifle , new load , clearing brush , maintaining feeders , creek crossings etc , etc the list goes on . The preparation too me is as much fun as the hunt.

Probably true about the "No off season" comment in the sportsman's world but for me, the off season is right after deer season ends and again just after winter ends. Small time periods but still down time for me. Ice fishing is done. Too early to fish the lakes in my boat. Good time to start getting the boat and fishing gear ready for April tho. After deer season is time to get the ice fishing gear ready for the hard lake. For me the biggest down time or slow time is the hottest days of summer. That's when I reload and work on rifles the most. Coldest and worst winter conditions is when I do the same.