What constitutes “inherently accurate “?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't lie and they didn't misrepresent any data. Those are both factual points worth throwing out there. While they're not the only factors in overall performance, drop and drift are pretty much the only aspects of external ballistics which shooters need to be concerned with.

Why do folks spend so much time and money chasing bullets with higher BCs? It's to minimize drop and drift. Why is BlackJack Bullets doing well with their 131gr bullet which so many people are just fawning all over? Because it produces less drift and less drop than other bullets available for the .25 bore. There have been other bullets out there (customs) which offered the same performance, but BlackJack marketed their product more aggressively by highlighting the reduced drop and drift attributed to their design. I don't see you pushing back against BlackJack's marketing strategy.
That's because I helped push the need/desire long-time prior to Blackjack, which then allowed for them to create the Blackjack bullets and be successful, when the time was right, and the market was ripe. The difference is, they're only selling bullets. And their bullets have honest BC numbers. They're not claiming any specific cartridge can do this or that.

If you start a business based on honesty (like Blackjack did), you will go farther in the long-run, than one who ends up being a flash-in-the-pan, and has to come out with something new every other year just to stay relevant.

It's all about effective marketing. Remember the "Pet Rock"? That campaign sold millions.

Yes Sir! Their marketing team is an envy to many companies out there but their innovative/creative vision and mission along with their collaboration/partnership with other gun related/support companies catapulted them to where they are today.

That's because I helped push the need/desire long-time prior to Blackjack, which then allowed for them to create the Blackjack bullets and be successful, when the time was right, and the market was ripe. The difference is, they're only selling bullets. And their bullets have honest BC numbers. They're not claiming any specific cartridge can do this or that.

If you start a business based on honesty (like Blackjack did), you will go farther in the long-run, than one who ends up being a flash-in-the-pan, and has to come out with something new every other year just to stay relevant.

So you're taking partial credit for the success of Blackjack bullets? Despite the substantial investment of both time and capital put out there by the owners, you honestly feel like you made a such a meaningful impact on the successful launch of their product that you're entitled to claim some level of responsibility for it's success? Do you truly suffer from such megalomania that you believe you're that influential?

At what point has any company discussed in this thread (specifically Hornady) presented information which is demonstrably false? Are you implying that Hornady (or any other company discussed in this thread) is a flash in the pan? I wish nothing but success on Blackjack bullets, but to compare them to a company which has successfully been in business manufacturing their own products (Hornady) for something like 70 years is a bit ridiculous. Lets be honest here, Blackjack doesn't manufacture bullets; they've contracted with an outside vendor to produce a product to their (Blackjack) specifications.

But you're the one in the spotlight now, why drag others into it?
Funny thing is, I never mentioned anyone specific...Feeling guilty? ;)

If you don't want to be dragged into the spotlight, then heed the advice.

I got lots of "real world experience" with that. Do you?

So you're taking partial credit for the success of Blackjack bullets? Despite the substantial investment of both time and capital put out there by the owners, you honestly feel like you made a such a meaningful impact on the successful launch of their product that you're entitled to claim some level of responsibility for it's success? Do you truly suffer from such megalomania that you believe you're that influential?

At what point has any company discussed in this thread (specifically Hornady) presented information which is demonstrably false? Are you implying that Hornady (or any other company discussed in this thread) is a flash in the pan? I wish nothing but success on Blackjack bullets, but to compare them to a company which has successfully been in business manufacturing their own products (Hornady) for something like 70 years is a bit ridiculous. Lets be honest here, Blackjack doesn't manufacture bullets; they've contracted with an outside vendor to produce a product to their (Blackjack) specifications.
Nope, that is all Miles and everyone at Blackjack. Not me. Don't be an idiot and jump to conclusions or try to read into things that aren't there.

What I did was help push the momentum for the want for high-BC heavy .257 bullets by discussing it a lot on here, when nobody else was.

I wonder if Blackjack knows about this claim and how they feel. This could get interesting ...

deer-eats-popcorn_64.gif

That's because I helped push the need/desire long-time prior to Blackjack, which then allowed for them to create the Blackjack bullets and be successful....

One more time, you literally said it was because of your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.