What brand of scope do you prefer

You guys are breaking my heart next thing you know you'll tell me you voted for Obama. As I recall the original question was what scope do you feel is the best, not which one you could afford. If you all have any valid reasons why your choice is the best the best then please list them but if all you can do is whine about economics then once again I'd like to know where to contribute to the fund for whiney snivlers.

Daryl licht what btw? Hope it was clean prior to.:D

You need to find another forum to perpetuate your drivel. Try the Hide. They might appreciate your arcane sense of snobery. I don't believe we do.

My best scope is a 4-16x44 Burris Signature Select, but Burris dropped that line after Beretta bought the company.

Burris had better optical clarity that Leupold at the same price point, but Leupold is a bit lighter and generally judged a bit more rugged because of the lighter proprietary optical glass.

My rifles do not recoil all that hard, so a Burris sits on my best rifle, and it's my long range rifle.

Have not bought a scope in several years, and I would not pay for a Nightforce, Swarovski, S&B, etc.

Burris and Leupold or one of the better Bushnells, Weavers, Vortex, Sightron, Nikon, etc., are the limits of what I can pay.

Have three Burris scopes and have been pleased with them. Others comment they are nice and clear. No better optical clarity for the price point. Even a Burris Timberline will surpass Leupold VX2 clarity. You have to go to VX3 at twice the price to get that level of clarity. Burris Fullfield II should compete well against a Leupold VX2. But Leupold scopes are light and they go well with light rifles.

Last edited:
S&B are a waste of money end of story.

The last ones I looked through were on sale for $2,500 and my buddy that works there said they had to send them back with the S&B rep because nobody would buy them. The glass was so ****-poor I would have put them side x side with an old Tasco World Class and covered the scopes and you would have been surprised at how cloudy and horrible and yellowish tinted they looked. Never seen an S&B that wasn't crystal-clear before, but those 5 or 6 of the same model were horrific.

My buddy said, I looked through one once, my leupold binos are just as bright as your leica geovids, my remington sps shoots 1/4 MOA all day long, my buddy killed a coyote at a thousand yards by holding two feet over his back. My vortex pst was actually brighter than my buddies premier and schmidt and bender..... etc etc, heard them all.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.