What do you think of the Super Sniper scopes?

DALESCARPENTRY

Hi. I am new here and was wondering if any of you had an opinion on Super Sniper scopes. I have a tack driving Remington 700 SPS Varmint 243 and am looking to put a new scope on it. I have been looking at the fixed power 16x42 scope with the milldot reticle. I hunt Groundhogs here in Pa and shots out to 500 yards are common. I just wanted to know if any of you have any expericence with this scope. Here is the link to this scope. Super Sniper 16x42 30mm Rifle Scope Thanks for the help Dale

The one I have is near perfect for what you are suggesting. In fact, to only 500 yards the 10X is plenty sufficient and will be a bit brighter on cloudy days plus have just a bit more field of view.

Hi. I am new here and was wondering if any of you had an opinion on Super Sniper scopes. I have a tack driving Remington 700 SPS Varmint 243 and am looking to put a new scope on it. I have been looking at the fixed power 16x42 scope with the milldot reticle. I hunt Groundhogs here in Pa and shots out to 500 yards are common. I just wanted to know if any of you have any expericence with this scope. Here is the link to this scope. Super Sniper 16x42 30mm Rifle Scope Thanks for the help Dale

I had one on a .308 and it was good..read some of the reviews such as
Snipers Paradise Sniper Mall
There are a lot of relatively positive reviews...especially for the price..other similar options might be the Falcon and the Bushnell fixed 10 power "sniper" scope....30-338

I have one that's been mounted on several different rifles excellent repeatability and very sturdy piece. I have a 10x and I would recomend it over the 16x. I've used my 10x to shoot eggs out to 740yds (yes, you can see eggs that distance with a 10x) the crosshars will completely cover the egg from 600yds and beyond (clay piegeons are much easier to see).

I also plan on making a few trips to a 1,000 yard range just to try my hand at long range. I am one of those people that has always prefered higher power over lower power. I think the 16 power will be just about right for me. The thing is I might not like it so much at 100 yards though. Dale

ive got a fixed 10 on an m1a, and a buddys got one on a 338 lapua, and 308 savage. i feel the 10x is more than enough for most of what i do, although im considering something else(variable FFP, 4-14ish range) for my 300wsm savage. we shoot at the 1k range in mifflin pa, although its a 3hr drive for us. mebbe we could meet up there and u could check out the fixed 10 SS.

lemme know

lear

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.