What ARCA Plate for Stock on new Builds...?

For hunting, I do not like using chassis rifles for several reasons, hence- I bought myself, and both my boys Raven-Euro Carbon fiber rifles. They currently only make stocks for Tikka's, and Blaser rifles, but are designing a Remington stock now.

I am also running the SRS Hunters rails on 4 rifles. They are longer than necessary but they offer short ones as mentioned above.

I'm in the process of assembling components for 2 new builds and would like to add an ARCA-Swiss plate to the mid-point on each stock. I recently upgraded my tripod shooting system to the RRS Anvil-30 head and would like to be able to lock the rifle into that. I don't need anything too fancy, I don't shoot competitively, these will be pack and carry hunting rifles and I don't want to add a lot of weight to either but I also want quality and durability. I'd like to get the same plate for both. Stocks are a McMillian Game Stalker and a McMillan Game Warden.

What brand and model/size plate do you guys recommend I use?

Thanks for the help!
Salmon River solutions really makes nice plates just got through installing one on one of my new rifles. Fits my RRS just fine. They have several different profiles for flat bottom, stocks or ones that are slightly rounded.

I'm in the process of assembling components for 2 new builds and would like to add an ARCA-Swiss plate to the mid-point on each stock. I recently upgraded my tripod shooting system to the RRS Anvil-30 head and would like to be able to lock the rifle into that. I don't need anything too fancy, I don't shoot competitively, these will be pack and carry hunting rifles and I don't want to add a lot of weight to either but I also want quality and durability. I'd like to get the same plate for both. Stocks are a McMillian Game Stalker and a McMillan Game Warden.

Thanks for the help!
another vote for Salmon River Solutions!

I have been using the area 419 10" arca rail. It is low profile, light, and has a smooth bottom. Works great for bipod, tripod, riding on a bag or off hand shooting. I use 4 anchors and bed it so there is no gap on the sides. I just cover the stock with packing tape before I bed it and then take the tape off and re install so it is not permanently attached. It also works with a sling stud.
1000003584.jpg
1000003583.jpg

Thanks for the help!
Henderson precision

Thanks for the help!
MDT!!!!! Excellent quality extremely reasonable price! Check them out!

THANKS for all the replies!!! Great information for me to review. I already have the stocks so can't have McMillan install them. But from the looks of it, there's a lot of good options. I'll have some time this weekend to check out the options. Thanks again!!

These are nice if you want one at the balance point. https://www.salmonriversolutions.com/product/srs-arca-balance/

You can also put one of these at the mid point. https://www.salmonriversolutions.com/product/srs-arca-mini/

They also have a 4". It sounds like you would be best served with a balance point rail.
Man, more options than I thought. That balance point rail looks pretty sweet! And I like how these are made for rounded hunting style stocks. Thanks for the post!!

THANKS for all the replies!!! Great information for me to review. I already have the stocks so can't have McMillan install them. But from the looks of it, there's a lot of good options. I'll have some time this weekend to check out the options. Thanks again!!

You can install it yourself easily enough. Just need to put some T Nuts in. Here is an Area419 video of showing them being installed in a Manners stock but same for McMillan. I have done it a bunch of times and it's easy.

You can install it yourself easily enough. Just need to put some T Nuts in. Here is an Area419 video of showing them being installed in a Manners stock but same for McMillan. I have done it a bunch of times and it's easy.

Thanks for sharing! I've done my fair share of stock work so should be able to handle it I hope.

Recent Posts