2 new builds

HammerB1

Official LRH Sponsor
We just sent the barrels and misc components down to Dillon yesterday to get put together.
Left one is 338 Lapua Improved with the 307 grain Hammer. This rifle will have a 9 twist 30" barrel built on a Sako 995 Action. We are expecting 3100 fps.
The other is the 375-338 Lapua Improved with the 394 grain Hammer. This rifle will have a 8 twist 30" barrel built on a Defiance action. Was going to put this one on a Rem 700 but decided to take 338 Lapua Imp. apart and build on that action.

Can't wait for Rhian to get these finished. But, in the meantime, got some work to do on seating dies. Bullets are to long and pointed.

Attachments

• 338375dummies2.JPG
    338375dummies2.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 68
Had to find the picture of those two Hammers, I'm stoked to see the 375 LAI run, I've been wanting to build one for a long time but when I go there I just haven't found a bullet that will give me the warm fuzzies so I haven't ever done the 375.

I may put one together on a Montana PH CRF action which will hold 5 Lapua cases down with an inside box of 4.043, combined with some Hammers and I think a guy would have a ridiculous dangerous game set up!! I'd probably have to go find a buffalo just because it would be the right thing to do :D

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.