What stock for my 7remmag build?

zr600

Ok I have a left handed Remington 700 doing a criterion remage 7remmag barrel. Now I need a stock and what bottom metal should I use I was thinking of using detachable mags but don't know if I should. Anyways I have been looking at grayboe terrain stock but it's a little heavier at 2.5lbs. I was also thinking of a McMillan htg in there edge tech, or a manners mcs-eh2 in all carbon to save some weight.

I ordered a manners for mine they are nice just be ready to wait double there projected build time! Check out ag composites they have nice stuff. The Hs precision detachable mags are nice the release is inside the trigger guard out of the way

Ok I have a left handed Remington 700 doing a criterion remage 7remmag barrel. Now I need a stock and what bottom metal should I use I was thinking of using detachable mags but don't know if I should. Anyways I have been looking at grayboe terrain stock but it's a little heavier at 2.5lbs. I was also thinking of a McMillan htg in there edge tech, or a manners mcs-eh2 in all carbon to save some weight.
I just got my Manners EH-1, luckily for me it was in stock and took 3 days to get it.
Very good guys to talk to, I was originally looking at the EH-2 but liked the vertical grip and higher comb on the EH-1, and it's still pretty light.
BTW Manners offers a 15% discount for mil/leo
IMG_20190310_093234904~2.jpg

I have an EH-1 with the mini-chassis on my 7RM and love it! Good combo of a hunting stock and bench performer.

I will admit I've used McMillan on my last couple of builds since they are just as good and delivery times were much better.

If you want ant good turn around time, go with ag composites, my thumbhole took 6 weeks order to delivery. They have a lot of options. For LRH, I'd go with the alpine hunter, it's light, high comb, vertical grip. I've shot one, they're very comfortable prone or standing. The altitude from Mesa Precision is nice, basically a mcmillan game hunter with flaws fixed

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.