Stock for new build

bretterath

Building a new rifle and building off a AntiX LA mag bolt face. Deciding on a 6.5 saum or prc, 7 prc or 300 prc. I have changed my mind so many times on what to go with. This will be do it all rifle. Mainly deer elk bear antelope.
I need to decide what stock to get that is designed well so I can spot my own shots if possibly. This will have a Ti pro brake on it and not sure to go with a 22" or 24". This is gonna be a lighter weight mountain rifle. Want it to be right about 8.5 lbs scoped

I haven't had any newer stocks lately, have used some xlr chassis and tikka stock and did like the Mesa altitude stock grip

I want to keep my stock weight 32 oz or less. Kinda liked the game warden 2.0 but read on here that someone said the GW was not great and tough to spot shot cause of the way the back of stock was designed

I built with the same components that you are using. Went with the AG alpine hunter. You may want to check out the AG line!
IMG_7668.jpeg

Consider the Manners Pro Hunter.
25.85 oz. With pic rail, Arca rail, 1"recoil pad, & 1 rear flush cup added.
Feels really nice !!
View attachment 507632
View attachment 507633

I have looked at those but want to handle that one

I went 7 rem mag, as I am kind of simplistic and didn't want to worry about trying to find brass. I am glad I did, getting 2920 with 175 Berger elites with a fairly mild load. Shoots pretty easily in the .3's, Proof prefit 24" w/8.4 twist, TI Pro 5 port.

I have a picture that says 8 lb 2.4 oz with a Vortex Razor LHT 4.5-22x50. That scope weighs 21.7 oz.

I went 7 rem mag, as I am kind of simplistic and didn't want to worry about trying to find brass. I am glad I did, getting 2920 with 175 Berger elites with a fairly mild load. Shoots pretty easily in the .3's, Proof prefit 24" w/8.4 twist, TI Pro 5 port.

I have a picture that says 8 lb 2.4 oz with a Vortex Razor LHT 4.5-22x50. That scope weighs 21.7 oz.
With that ti pro 5 can you spot shots? I have a couple ti pro and they are awesome

Recent Posts