What ARCA Plate for Stock on new Builds...?

Full Curl

I'm in the process of assembling components for 2 new builds and would like to add an ARCA-Swiss plate to the mid-point on each stock. I recently upgraded my tripod shooting system to the RRS Anvil-30 head and would like to be able to lock the rifle into that. I don't need anything too fancy, I don't shoot competitively, these will be pack and carry hunting rifles and I don't want to add a lot of weight to either but I also want quality and durability. I'd like to get the same plate for both. Stocks are a McMillian Game Stalker and a McMillan Game Warden.

What brand and model/size plate do you guys recommend I use?

Thanks for the help!

I use the SRS hunter's rail. It is longer which has pros and cons but I went with it bc it allows max adjustability forward and back to find a good position in the field. Mine is on a Game Scout and it fits very well.

I also chose Sawtooth Rifles ARCA rails for my Bergara and Keymod AR handguards. They work really well with my Anvil-30, and have the proper holes to interface with the head's locking pin.

I have the same setup and interests. If I remember correctly there are only a couple manufacturers that have the same arca specs as rrs. I realize you can adjust the anvil 30 but I would rather not have to so all my other optics with rrs bases are the same as the guns.

I'm in the process of assembling components for 2 new builds and would like to add an ARCA-Swiss plate to the mid-point on each stock. I recently upgraded my tripod shooting system to the RRS Anvil-30 head and would like to be able to lock the rifle into that. I don't need anything too fancy, I don't shoot competitively, these will be pack and carry hunting rifles and I don't want to add a lot of weight to either but I also want quality and durability. I'd like to get the same plate for both. Stocks are a McMillian Game Stalker and a McMillan Game Warden.

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the help!
this is what I have put on 3 of my stocks works good with the rsr head, light strong and small. I think I got them from henderson they have a long one and a short one I used the short one. https://hendersonprecision.com/product/hunter-3-inch-rail/

Attachments

• e08352_707bc300cb8341578f9dfa03372ec55c~mv2_d_1792_1344_s_2.jpg
    e08352_707bc300cb8341578f9dfa03372ec55c~mv2_d_1792_1344_s_2.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I used the 419 notched rail on one build and a smooth KRG rail on a KRG Bravo build. I prefer the smooth rail. Building a 280 AI Sendero clone currently and it will get the smooth 4" SRS rail from Salmon.

If you haven't ordered your stocks yet McMillan now has an option to put one in front of your bottom metal. I can't remember price but it was affordable.

Any of them work, find the one you like and drill/install 1/4-20 t-nuts and you're ready.

I like a 4" minimum rail. Gives more margin for error when mounting with buck fever and doesn't get hung up on things as much. The shorter 2" versions are great for saving weight but I'd rather go with one of our reinforced polymer rails if weight savings is the main goal. I also look for a smooth bottomed and beveled front and rear/edge configuration so that if I end up shooting off a pack or log or some other support, it won't snag.
While ARCA is simple, there are lot of configurations for different uses, so shop around.

Recent Posts