What .308 bullets work for you?

I see SMKs as short range accurate bullets. Berger's for the long range. The Berger design is better.

169g Sierra you should check out as it is very, very different than the 168g SMK which was designed as a 600 Yard bullet.

The 169 IS a 1000 yd bullet, but I am not putting down Berger bullets AT ALL! Brothers and I are having dot size groups in multiple rifles with the 169's, and we do shoot the BERGER vld hunting on deer and hogs.

Last edited:
I know... double based. Also use N150
Mostly an issue for competitions shooter. For hunters who won't let their barrels get hot supposed to not be an issue. I've shooting ball powders in my barrels for almost two decades now. Only my 22-250 has been burned out so far.

That go with the whole 500 series?
Pretty much, yes. They (500 series) are all toward the end of the hot side. This list is a bit dated, but still works. As always, do your homework prior to making a decision.
13950809421_e36434eae5.jpg

Mostly an issue for competitions shooter. For hunters who won't let their barrels get hot supposed to not be an issue. I've shooting ball powders in my barrels for almost two decades now. Only my 22-250 has been burned out so far.
Been using blc2 in 223 & 308 for 35 years & Varget also since it came out

Recent Posts