What 3-15 or 5-25ish scope in the 800$ range?

Search Natchez Shooters Supply for "Burris" and "Blemished". You will find the 5-25 Burris XTR-II for $719.99. I know they still have the MIL reticle version in stock. I think they also have the MOA version.

All scopes mentioned are really nice. One thing I'd recommend, from past experience, is to narrow it down to a few with reticles/magnification you like and then evaluate the amount of travel each has.

Another vote for Tract Toric. I have two 3-15 that get used a lot. Hunting every week and dialled on most outings. Have never let me down over several years use. Glass is outstanding.

If weight is an issue, the 3x15x44 Leupold VX5 is hard to beat. Very bright & clear has CDS & several reticle choices. My favorite hunting scope.

OP didn't state use for the scope and I assume a SFP since the Vortex pst gen 2 was mentioned. I ran into this dilemma a couple of months ago looking for a suitable scope for a CZ .204 used to prairie dog hunt. I have a Leupold vx5 HD which has good glass but no sub tensions so you have to dial for elevation and wind. I ended up getting the Viper PST gen 2. Reticle is good. Glass is OK, has a slight bluish haze to my eye. I sent it back as it wouldn't track. Vortex couldn't find anything wrong and suggested I overtorqued the Warne rings by using purple Loctite. I remounted the rings dry and the scope functions properly.
Maybe Vortex's less expensive scopes have thinner tubes as I have 10 other scopes and never experienced this problem.
To OP in MHO you get what you pay for and I think the Viper PST is ok for the money

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.