Best Scope in the $800 Range

I would go with the Sightron over the Vortex as the glass is better and if you need it the S3 has 100 MOA vs 65 for the PST

Just got a Sightron SIII 6-24x50 SFP with MOA reticle for my 6.5 creedmoor for long range shooting. Love it, but haven't had a real good chance to ring it out at long range yet. I did months of comparing at that price range and the Sightron SIII seemed to be the one.

Since you were asking about FFP scopes, my recommendation is do NOT get the Sightron SIII in FFP. I just got mine and it's going back to where it came from. I spoke to the folks at Sightron and they were even telling me they discourage folks from getting the FFP. I think for maybe target shooting yeah why not get it. But since this is a hunting forum, so I'll assume you'll want to do some hunting with it, I would say stay away. It is absolutely horrible at 6x especially in low light. The Vortex Viper PST gives you an illuminated reticle and zero stop and has a better reticle design which provides duplex style at that same price point. You'll notice however the SFP version of the scope is beloved by many. No own seems to even own the SIII FFP scope around here so you'll get very little in the way of feedback on it so please accept mine.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts