What’s your longest kill shot of 2022?

944 yards, 25 CM, Berger 135@2860MV
coyote.jpg

Any pictures of the body cavity? I'm interested to see the terminal damage of that bullet at that range.
No sir, I do not have pictures. I will take pictures from now on. This was a perfect situation, (very rare would I take that shot, with that cartridge at that distance, on this animal. Honestly, under 800 yards is more preferable.) No wind, known distance, partner ranging etc.

This is long range hunting so let's not hear about ethics and all that jazz. Like the title asks, what's your longest kill shot this year, and what rifle Rifle did you use?
I'll start. My first bull elk public land Colorado 864 yards with a 300wsm I built myself. Badlands precision 195 gr bd2
Didn't get any tags this year but I killed a White Blesbok last year at 500 yards with my 6.5 PRC in South Africa.

37 yards, lots of prep and work getting a load and dope with a finicky chronograph.... to shoot 37 yards....

Overdone of the year award goes to my buddy, he got prepped for wide open spaces with a 30 inch tubed monstrosity. Probably did 350 rounds prepping for the hunt and equal as much developing a load this year getting good with wind and got rather deadly with it to 1000 yards. Not sure what be spent on h1000 and retumbo this year.... don't even wanna ask. We got a mile back to setup for glassing, whipped out the warm jackets peeked over the ridge and proceeded to whack a decent size bear that happened to be about 10 to 12 yards away upwind of us....

Not sure of the exact yardage as that 30 inch tube with suppressor made it about a yard closer......

For my main hunting buddy and I lrh has been moot... lots of RUMs for bow distances.