What’s the farthest you have taken a big game animal with a rifle?

I've followed you on this site for over a decade. Your addiction for long range chucks has fueled mine 😂
Picked up a Volquartsen 22 mag pistol yesterday to replace the 454 Casull for handgun marmots. Going to try get one at a mile this year with a 300 Norma Improved that's been shooting half moa at that distance in calm conditions.

The most impressive aspect of this thread is how you guys can remember these shot ranges down to the yard!
First kill with my single shot pistol was 251 yds. Heart was thumping so hard I missed the first shot. The crosshairs were jumping off the deer. Anger overcame adrenaline and brought it home with the second.

Watched for my hunting buddy shooting at a doe we ranged 770 yards. He was using a Nikon BDC reticle and ran it through sterlok app. Gave him the hold and watched him shoot over it by about ten yards, we were on a mega power line cut. On a hill side so bullet impact was easy to spot. the doe ran to the spot the bullet hit and shot number two killed her on the spot. I would never have stuff like that happen to me!🙄

First kill with my single shot pistol was 251 yds. Heart was thumping so hard I missed the first shot. The crosshairs were jumping off the deer. Anger overcame adrenaline and brought it home with the second.
My kid pulled a similar shot the year before last with my Savage Striker in 7-08. He has hundreds of rounds through the pistol over the summer and early fall and he had to hunt pretty hard just to get a shot. When the time came he dropped the deer with 1 shot at 250 yards. He had to compensate a bit for wind and his tendency to pull shots a bit shooting the pistol 1 handed. He uses his off hand as a rear support and a bipod up front.

My farthest to date is a 5pt. Bull at 1244 yards. 338 Edge , 300 gr bergers.

This was after my Spring shooting at 3027 yards on steel . 3 shots in a 26" 3/4 group !
One of my best years behind the Ausum 338 Edge !

IMG953726.jpg

20210113_084600.jpg

Rum Man