What’s the farthest you have taken a big game animal with a rifle?

Yep, just giving indication of size of the Adirondack Park for @Rosebud to confirm his "opinion"!😂 Great Trivia Game question though for size comparison! It's the largest State Park not the overall largest park.
We drove all day from Watertown, through what we could cover and back to Watertown. Just about all of it inside the park. It was winter time, I'd have love to see it in September.

We drove all day from Watertown, through what we could cover and back to Watertown. Just about all of it inside the park. It was winter time, I'd have love to see it in September.
There is a stretch that was labeled the most scenic highway in America some years ago. Really beautiful during change of colors.

I shot my furthest this weekend at 465 yards on a whitetail doe. I'm sure I'm not even close to the farthest and probably not even what some consider long range but it's pretty far for me. I used a 6mm creedmoor 88gr hammer hunter 3340fps at muzzle and 2240 estimated at impact.

It got me thinking about how far other people have taken animals. Post em up with what cartridge and loads you used.
55y🤣. 140 AH out of a 7 saum, 3200 and change. It was emphatic. Practiced months for a LR hunt on the mesas, snow socked us in up in the aspens and kept everyone else out. Checked the wind, took a walk, almost ran over each other. First and technically my longest.

Elk - 670yds with a 300 PRC and Factory 212 ELDX Ammo.

Killed several deer and elk over 500 also, but I do prefer to close the distance when possible.
First bulls I ever saw were at 550 on the opposite hill in the trees and I knew they might as well have been on the moon. It would have taken me a full day to have a CHANCE at getting closer. Honest respect for anyone taking them past 600, even after 3 more years of practice. I didn't have a bull tag anyway, but I had a legal spike wander out at 450 grazing downhill towards me, I still could not ID and get supported for the shot. I could take 400 kneeling now, but getting on under pressure at around 700 like a lot of you guys do is wild.

but I had a legal spike wander out at 450 grazing downhill towards me, I still could not ID and get supported for the shot

That's one of the several reasons that I (and wife) always hunt with good, stiff, tall (48") shooting sticks. They make an otherwise near impossible steep downhill shots…..very possible!

Many people severely underestimate the advantages of good shooting sticks! memtb