What’s everybody using for iPhone ballistic apps ?

WYOHTF

I have always been a learned layman, learning from practicing in environment I hunt in, hands on.
As my reloading and rifle accurization skills and shooting abilities have increased over the last few years, thanks to many here on this forum; I find myself using free apps on bullet company sites and am wanting to to try out an app for my phone.
I may find out I like it 'OL SKOOL, maybe not.
I have no idea what to get or use one. Any suggestions would be helpful, Thanks

I have always been a learned layman, learning from practicing in environment I hunt in, hands on.
As my reloading and rifle accurization skills and shooting abilities have increased over the last few years, thanks to many here on this forum; I find myself using free apps on bullet company sites and am wanting to to try out an app for my phone.
I'm rite where you're at. the only one I've used is ballistic arc. but sometime certain things work, and certain things don't when I need it. So I would also like to hear from others. there cheap enough, to have a few.

I primarily use ABMobile and sometimes Hornady 4 DOF. I have also tried Ballistic AE, Shooter, and BallisticsARC but not regularly. It mostly depends on what type of user interface you prefer. Some will allow automated input of atmospherics and some will not.

d

SHOOTER!! As mentioned earlier you can automatically populate your environmental condition but also I can build my own custom curve for free I currently run five BC's and get my information from Bryan Litz's book ballistic performance of rifle bullets third edition
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
I have Mil DOT, AB, Sig, Ballistics ARC, Ballistics AE, iStrelok and Strelok Pro. Strelok pro will pull data from my Kestrel and has visuals of my actual reticle for hold overs (for hunt purposes) so I use it and it has been accurate out to 1000 yards. When I start dialing in I will probably go back to AB.

I use them as a tool. Sometimes we don't time to plug in numbers. IMO the apps help us to get better practice in. So hopefully our brainbucket can be more precise when we we need to shoot on the fly. I use BallistcsARC for android.

Thanks Folks,
I have spent several hours studying a few apps and reading reviews.
Still unsure but leaning towards the Shooter app

@xsn10s
I agree totally agree-they are tools. I'm not a big gadget guy. This is a huge step for me. Heck, I just got a Facebook account 2 months ago. 🤣

Last edited:
Strelok Pro. There is nothing else