What’s everybody using for iPhone ballistic apps ?

SHOOTER!! As mentioned earlier you can automatically populate your environmental condition but also I can build my own custom curve for free I currently run five BC's and get my information from Bryan Litz's book ballistic performance of rifle bullets third editionView attachment 330712View attachment 330712
That guy gets a chunk for his books, holly smokes.
It's been a minute since I spent that much on a book.
But this whole adventure is kinda like college, but more funner😁
And it ain't an $800 book that will get read once and be useless after college 👿

That guy gets a chunk for his books, holly smokes.
It's been a minute since I spent that much on a book.
But this whole adventure is kinda like college, but more funner😁
And it ain't an $800 book that will get read once and be useless after college 👿
I think I spent $40 on that one I have uploaded information to this site for many people it's very helpful if there's a bullet in the book that anyone wants looked up all you have to do is ask

I used Ballistic for several years and it was just ok. I recently bought the Strelok Pro app and it is 10X better than Ballistic so far, in my opinion. The Strelok Pro firing solution has been perfect out to 775 so far for me, with no 'truing' needed. The user interface is very easy and you don't have to be a 14 year old gadget geek to be able to get the full benefit from it. I am very happy with it so far.
I am waiting on a Ketrel 5700 Ballistic to get delivered and I am planning to use it as my primary solver moving forward.

I've spent the better part of the morning studying this topic and brands, jeeesh 😵‍💫
Now that I understand all this confusid stuff I got to make a decision.
I do like the idea of not having an app on my phone but the idea of packing a separate gadget just bugs the heck out of me.
I had to pack a satellite phone the last few years I guided, I hated that too.

I've spent the better part of the morning studying this topic and brands, jeeesh 😵‍💫
Now that I understand all this confusid stuff I got to make a decision.
I do like the idea of not having an app on my phone but the idea of packing a separate gadget just bugs the heck out of me.
I had to pack a satellite phone the last few years I guided, I hated that too.
You could get a Kestrel with a built in ballistics app. More decisions, decision lol.

This LR stuff is pretty slick
I love it. But man…. Where I currently hunt in Wyoming, things are pretty predictable. It's all foothills , big draws and the occasional cross canyon shot. Lots of antelope we're I elk hunt. Wind and yardage and shot angle. my pre season shooting practice has validated that.
But knowing I'm moving back to N.W. Montana where I hunt the conditions are way different. Rugged mountains, chutes, shooting from one ridge to another or across big canyons with up/down draft conditions. Way less stable pressures etc.
My toy list is growing 🤓

You could get a Kestrel with a built in ballistics app. More decisions, decision lol.
Still need a rangefinder
47C615E9-69BC-4500-9492-61D11B31E25B.jpeg

Last edited: