Web site for Scam/Faud experiences?

ShtrRdy

Is there a website that allows people to log information that was a scam or fraud? I got scammed recently and it would be nice to inform others to look out for this individual.

I never did find a website like this but I thought I would update on what has transpired.

I contacted my local LE agency to file a report. My local LE agency passed along the information to LE where the scammer was located. Time passed. I found out from my local LE contact that this individual had scammed other too.

This last week I was contacted by the county attorney asking if a plea agreement was satisfactory for me. Basically the guy who scammed me will be spending 15 months in jail. He will be told to provide restitution when he gets out but I probably won't see anything.

Sounds like a good end to this story.

It's only a pretty good end of the story if restitution is a condition of release. Some judges will entertain a motion for early release after restitution has been verified. My recommendation is, in the future, do business using COD and check the package before you pay the postman.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.