We Temporarily Interrupt This Forum

Totally agree. Speaking of wheels, think of the tires your father's time (My father was born in 1910) and the tires today. Would you rather have those old materials and designs on your car today? You are the one deciding
Heck, I remember the old tires we drove around on that would not last 20k miles or so, and terrible tread patterns for rain, snow or mud.

With the shortage and Expense of self-defense ammo, I went back to some old tec, the Lyman 45 cal HP that weighs in at 200g with it's huge hp. I did some testing on 2.5-gallon water-filled containers, then with full-size hams. With a pure lead mix with a little tin mixed in the pot, the 45 ACP loaded with 8.7g of AA#5 with the 200g HP simply did an outstanding job accuracy-wise, and impressive to say the least in water expanding to 92 calibers, and blowing the full-size ham almost in half.

In My state, it is ok to use any kind of ammo to defend yourself if that person is committing a Felony, and they can not sue you, nor their relatives....strong Castle doctrine.

After all my work, I found out that GT Bullets sells the exact same bullet, soft and hard mix, 9mm and 40 calibers also.

Check your state laws before using Reloads to defend yourself.

Funny 🤣 Use an eccentric hub with a non-circular object to get it to roll on flat plane.

eck, I remember the old tires we drove around on that would not last 20k miles or so, and terrible tread patterns for rain, snow or mud.
I'm not old enough to have had to do it on my own truck, but I remember buying tune up kits with my grandfather. New cap and rotor, new plugs, check the wires, test the coil. You don't have to do it as often now, but instead of a 15 minute job it's an hour long process just to tear down to where you can even get to the plugs. Seems like I could stand on the ground from inside the engine bay next to the engine in his old F-100. But I was a skinny kid!

Why would you think it's better to leave it to the big companies, when the companies that make your favorite bullets started their roots by doing exactly what your describing, and moved on from there? That is how new ideas, technology, and bullet companies come about. It starts with tinkering. I don't see the purpose making a new thread specifically to speak poorly of it. Let it be, someone starting out by tinkering with a match bullet may end up rising to make something great. It's America, that's what we do.
Now, now....how do you know he wasn't reading about me .....cutting X's into the tops of my flat nose 30-30 cartridges....We're Canadians.....that's what WE do!😉

Its not reinventing the wheel, for its attempting to improve on a design to meet a specific purpose or to modify a bullet to fulfill a need due to a shortage, etc.

If we never tried to improve the first invention, i.e. the wheel, we would be riding around on carved stone or wooden wheels cut from a tree trunk or from boards, or at best, old wooded spokes with a steel band. However, we all know modern wheels and tires are far superior to those old designs, and even much better than designs and materials just a few decades or years ago.

Similarly, if we never tried to improve bullets, well, we would all still be shooting carved stones, cast iron, cast lead, round nose jacketed, etc. Just over my lifetime, I have seen tremendous improvements in bullet designs that brought us the monolithics, VLD's, tipped, various controlled and more reliable expansions (rifle and pistol), powder coatings, improved jacket concentrics, etc, etc.

I do understand what you are saying, but today's modern bullets just didn't one day appear. People wanted something for some reason, and often via trial and error, they created something "better".

Just like those old boys who played with old car or plane engines, because they needed or wanted something more than what was available. And just like many of us who were not satisfied with only shooting a couple of hundred yards or so, or being told we could never hit game beyond a certain distance. We challenged the accepted norms, demanded improvements or created them ourselves, and expanded the envelope.
I agree with you 100%. I can't leave anything as it came out of the box. I have to find some way to improve it.....or destroy it trying.....lol

Reminds me of a question I once heard about a real man finding an alien space ship.
What would be the first thing you would do?
Run or Drive a way as fast as I can. Call somebody about it. Over my pay grade. it's kind of like gun fire. If it's your job then you can move towards it. If it isn't stay away. If you can help the Police that's a different story. If it's somebody that injured, help, unless you surrounded by village dumbee You do have let them know what your background is. They still don't want to listen. Then leave, you can't help. (Combat Medica) Been there and done that.