Water Well Issues

400' but your pump goes by the level of water to pump. so if water level is 200' and pump is at 400' you are only pumping from 200'. Water pressure to pump up.
I understand that as long as recovery keeps up, then it's pumping at lower level. I've been fixing water wells for 35 years. Mostly irrigation up to 150hp for agriculture. Luckily my water is some of the best as far as supply goes. In '71 my dad had 2 wells drilled that were between 320-360' that produced 1,500gpm @ 60psi. Static level at the time was 180'. After 51 years of water usage the static level hasn't changed. Other people's wells within 50 mile radius have gone dry or at half capacity.

I understand that as long as recovery keeps up, then it's pumping at lower level. I've been fixing water wells for 35 years. Mostly irrigation up to 150hp for agriculture. Luckily my water is some of the best as far as supply goes. In '71 my dad had 2 wells drilled that were between 320-360' that produced 1,500gpm @ 60psi. Static level at the time was 180'. After 51 years of water usage the static level hasn't changed. Other people's wells within 50 mile radius have gone dry or at half capacity.
WOW
I guess you can say "Luck of the Drill". I had a well in Canterbury, CT on my horse farm. It was 100' deep and water came out of the top of the drill hole. Artisian Well?
You had some good wells at 1,500 gpm. Several miles away there was a property with 800' well and kept running out. they drilled 100 yards away and at 80' got 20 GPM.
All comes down to hitting the water table and veins in the rock.
Our area here in GA is solid Granite after about 80' and for miles deep. If you ever saw a picture of "Stone Mountain, GA" I hear other stories of people drilling past 1K and that scare me.
We have a Tre Farm 1 mile away from us and they have unlimited water. like I said all my neighbors with drilled wells have great results. We have an unlucky drill hole. Some of the older homes have "36" diameter Bored Shallow Wells". They depend on ground water. Drilled holes through this Granite could have the water source from many miles away.
Thanks for your information!
Len & Jill

We had a new well put in a little over a year ago, $17k. Some friends just up the road had the same company, same system, about the same depth done about a month ago, $25k.
WOW how deep did you drill? Makes us feel lucky if we only spend another $5k.
We may also look at drilling an extension on our 400' well opposed to Fracking. It's all luck from what I see.

Small house wells here are about the same price as what you are seeing.

As a farmer... For comparison...
Rice farm irrigation wells down here in south Louisiana are 170-200 feet deep and put out an average of 2500-2800 gpm.
All up and running with 125 HP electric motor is just under $100,000.
Yes that is what we need.
Jill can wash more than two loads of wash a day and no worries on how many times she washes her hair!

I just threw up in my mouth a little. I hope you find enough water to float an ark. I'm thinking the economy will turn after November. Like others on here I really enjoy reading your posts I wish you the best!
I just cracked a beer to chill out for the evening and almost had beer coming out my nose. Thanks for wishing us water. Had a hard day. All morning and part of the afternoon i was trying to help a friend that passed wife with air condition for her car. Could not get it to take freon possibly a compressor problem. Anyway worked for five hours and came home for some more tools and found no water. Then went back to try to finish her car. Now will be back to help her tomorrow and then work on the well in the afternoon.

That's harsh, we live in constant worry of loosing water in this drought, I have to punch a well soon, prices are $45+ a foot and two years out, non of the drillers can run more than one crew due to labor supply. Going to run a cistern and solar, pump to the top of a hill and gravity feed the whole property. Our water is between 200 ft and infinity, the house I'm in now has one at close to 500 and it's pitiful and the second one is 300 yards away and is decent at 200 feet. Across the valley my dad can pump what every the pump can push!!

We are going to go with FRACKING. Yes if we went with a new well we could use same PVC.
Have neighbors down & up the road same time drilled 15 years ago. One has 100' and 10GPM, another 200' and 12GPM, another one 250' and 8GPM. We were unlucky.
Depends on where the cracks in the Granite are. Our area is solid Granite.
Thanks much for you support!!!!!!!!!!
Just sucks with this economy. Had a 1 1/2 hour conference with Fidelity yesterday. We lost $200K+ in the last four months IRA and $10K everyday this past week.
Need another $10k for our business and now $5k for a well. May have a FIRE sale of our firearms.
Len & Jill

Edit:
Our well is 400' and the Fracking process is determine the exact recovery in the Well, then pull out the Pump and Waterline., run a camera along the entire length of the bore hole for the fissures, then lower TWO Bladders between the fissures and pump 4,000psi of water to open fissure. This process is done from the bottom (at noted fissures) to a safe distance from the top. Hopefully it will give us some more water,
Geology is a fascinating science, that makes for weird discoveries. We built a house on top of a rounded ridge that came down from the continental divide just a couple of miles away. We had an "interesting" gentleman come and witch it. He brought a silver dollar on a string and a mason jar filled with spring water, along with his rods. Once he located the water with the rods, he set the water on the ground, knelt over it, and let the silver dollar hang over the water. He braced his hand on his knee to stabilize it so that it would not interfere with the coin. Within a couple of minutes, the coin started swinging, slowly at first, then picking up speed until it was swinging in a 6" to 8" arc. I watched his hand closely and it did not move. When the coin would not swing any higher, he packed everything up and told me we would find water at 120' and get 20 gallons per minute. We drilled a month later and got 30 gallons per minute at 125'.

I invest thru Fidelity also. I have also used other brokers, and one thing I have learned is that they will never tell you to sell - one stock or all of your stocks. I think they fear starting a panic. After the election last year, I knew we were in trouble. The best thing that Biden is known for is his innate ability to **** up a wet dream. So when the market was showing signs of instability last fall, I went to cash. The extra I paid in taxes is nothing compared to the price you are paying now. I sat it out for a few months, and then started investing in the "dark side". These are ETFs that invest in short sales. I don't have all my money in them, because I don't trust them either, but when the market takes a dive like today, I made $1000.

Anyway, good luck in your endeavors.

Granite - got to hit a fracture zone. Hydro fracking helps - sort of a gamble. Possibility of smelly sulphurous water due to dissolved pyrite/sulfides.

Water witching is not book geology. Some of the heavy cred geology ground water guys sneer at it. No known scientific basis for witching but it can work. For over 60 years I have not figured how witching works. I don't think I could ever find water by witching.

Small house wells here are about the same price as what you are seeing.

As a farmer... For comparison...
Rice farm irrigation wells down here in south Louisiana are 170-200 feet deep and put out an average of 2500-2800 gpm.
All up and running with 125 HP electric motor is just under $100,000.
Are they requiring soft start?

I just cracked a beer to chill out for the evening and almost had beer coming out my nose. Thanks for wishing us water. Had a hard day. All morning and part of the afternoon i was trying to help a friend that passed wife with air condition for her car. Could not get it to take freon possibly a compressor problem. Anyway worked for five hours and came home for some more tools and found no water. Then went back to try to finish her car. Now will be back to help her tomorrow and then work on the well in the afternoon.
Expansion valve or orifice tube is likely your culprit assuming the compressor is compressing. Never assume new parts are good parts 😉

I've drilled a few water wells when the oilfield would take its dives. Drilled a 36" well 1500' deep for a municipality. Pump pipe was 8" and had a 250hp motor made in Italy. Draw down test was supposed to be 24hrs of constant pumping but after 5hrs we had water over the road for 3/4 mile because the bar ditch couldn't keep up with the flow lol. That well was 1.3 million to drill....so we drilled 2 more at 1.4 and 1.8 million 🤣. Heck that was back in 2008.

Granite sucks! It's a pain to drill. Almost as bad as sandstone. And a small earthquake 200 miles away can turn a good well into a poor well over night. It's unsightly but a holding tank is your best bet with a well producing less than 5gpm. Good luck

Witching is a real thing! Anyone can do it but some are awesome at it!
My father in law came to witch ours and could hardly walk enough to do it. We had a huge laugh doing it though.

I had the most honest guy from VT come in for a set price. He jumped out of his truck with a branch up on his forehead and almost got hit in the chest when he hit a vein. He then did this bobbing thing and counted how deep. His dad wasn't happy as that stick kept going...

The well next door is 550 with 1 gallon per minute and the pump is set at 500.
We hit 8-10 at 320 and he came back the next day and went further on his dime basically. We have great tasting water it is hard but no iron. When I thanked him profusely he just said "I never want to come back so we do it right." I am still so grateful I have sent him lots of referrals.