• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Watch out for this Scammer

Hey everyone, I got scammed pretty good last week as the result of someone responding to my want to buy ad on Rokslide

Bottom line, look out for a guy using the address and names below. I've already had several others message me saying they got scammed by the same guy on several differrent forums. You can read the whole thread on Rokslide if you want.

Kenneth Dorr or Raymond Brown
65 South Brewer Drive
Brewer, Maine

Venmo handle = Maestrobmc

If you've been scammed by this guy, feel free to reach out to me. I'm working with the Brewer Police Department to try and get this guy.

Stay safe,
Tucker
Contact the BATF and the FBI.
They will go after him.

Hey everyone, I got scammed pretty good last week as the result of someone responding to my want to buy ad on Rokslide

Bottom line, look out for a guy using the address and names below. I've already had several others message me saying they got scammed by the same guy on several differrent forums. You can read the whole thread on Rokslide if you want.

Kenneth Dorr or Raymond Brown
65 South Brewer Drive
Brewer, Maine

Venmo handle = Maestrobmc

If you've been scammed by this guy, feel free to reach out to me. I'm working with the Brewer Police Department to try and get this guy.

Stay safe,
Tucker's

I know some pretty rough characters in Maine - lmk

How does a felon make an interstate firearm purchase? Are you in Maine too?

I'd think the ATF might also be interested in this guy who "may" have made multiple firearm purchases over the net.
Well, he never would have been able to buy a firearm through an FFL or ship one through an FFL. In this case, he never had any intention on selling me anything, so it's kind of a moot point.
That said, this guy is a f'ing criminal and has no regard for the law or other people. If he did, this wouldn't have happened. This is exactly why the dems can pass as many stupid *** gun control bills as they want and it will never do anything to deter crimes....because criminals don't care about the law...

I think I will be contacting the FBI field office in Bangor and at least asking them for some advice on the scenario and see what they recommend.

ATF and FBI won't go after him. ATF will if he is a felon... Best thing you can do is work with the others who were scammed and compile all transactions and communications. If you want charges brought the detective will need hard copies and facts. If you don't give them that, it will fall to the wayside.

ATF and FBI won't go after him. ATF will if he is a felon... Best thing you can do is work with the others who were scammed and compile all transactions and communications. If you want charges brought the detective will need hard copies and facts. If you don't give them that, it will fall to the wayside.
Thanks for the input. As I've said before, I'll take as much as I can get.

Not true.
A similar thing happened to be 20 years ago.
The ATF and the FBI got him.
I never got my money back, but they got him.
When it comes to interstate fraud particularly involving firearms, both agencies are very interested.

I am VERY reluctant to do any internet based transactions EXCEPT for the regular guys here on LRH. Recently I sold small items to two new posters here and shipped their items out long before my money was received. I was a bit concerned about trusting new posters but the $$$$ amount was small. Both of the buyers proved to be reliable.

Fronting cash to an unknown person on the internet is always a risky proposition at best.

Good luck with your fight to get your money back and lets hope LE makes an example out of this guy. Keep us posted.

Very sorry to hear of your being taken advantage of. I read the 'Rokslide' thread. Couple questions:
1) Was the 'certified check' you sent him from your bank?
2) Does the perpetrator live in the same state as you?

Reason why I ask is that your bank should most certainly be able to tell where your check was cashed and/or deposited. I have investigated MANY check fraud/scheme cases and all things being equal they are fairly easy to prosecute.

If the perpetrator also lives in your state then your local LE guys should be able to complete a " Theft by Failure to Make Required Disposition" report (or something along those lines) and since the perpetrators information is known it should be an easy Indictment considering the monetary amount is into felony proportions.
If the perpetrator lives in another state then things get a little weird with jurisdictional boundaries/extradition limitations.

Last edited: