• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Scammer

Is the PayPal goods and services protection good for related items like scopes,stocks,triggers and similar items ?

This is like DejaVu. I would suggest to anyone buying to do a quick search of username first if there is no feedback. If a search would have been done on @WeatherBugHiker there is no way one would do business with him. My $.02 and out.....
I feel like it is a matter of time before these dirtbags get together and fabricate feedback amongst them in an attempt to seem legit.

I'd almost have to believe that was years ago. Had a buddy that bought an action through PayPal and it was a scam and he lost his money. He did it through goods and services, that was about 2 years ago.
It was last year, I'm a home based FFL and he sent me the scammers info stating a pistol was headed my way off GB. It never showed and he told me he was ripped off. I asked if he paid by CC and he said no, PayPal. I told him they wouldn't give his money back but a few weeks later he came to pick up another pistol he bought with his refund. I have no reason not to believe him but I suppose he could havw lied.

It was last year, I'm a home based FFL and he sent me the scammers info stating a pistol was headed my way off GB. It never showed and he told me he was ripped off. I asked if he paid by CC and he said no, PayPal. I told him they wouldn't give his money back but a few weeks later he came to pick up another pistol he bought with his refund. I have no reason not to believe him but I suppose he could havw lied.
Good for him. I wouldn't expect that action from PayPal ordinarily. He got lucky for sure.

There are escrow companies that cater to firearms. Guntab.com being one. It's like PP for 2A people.
I will look into this, thanks for the reference. Many times complaints continue without a good solution so this is good to see. You like to think gun folks are all honest but that's not our world unfortunately.
R

I looked into this email address at work today. It's associated with an IP address that pops up all over the north west. Scams are all over and come back to Nigeria. I see this a lot with people calling the VA with veterans full name, ssn, dob, you name it. They try to change their banking information and it's clearly not the veteran you're talking to. SS is another one they try this on.

I would also check to see if you state REQUIRES the reporting of a firearm theft as well. The last time I checked there were at least 12 states that do so.

Those gmail addresses are sure tip offs to flag a scammer. Did you get pics with his user name posted on this site?

Those gmail addresses are sure tip offs to flag a scammer. Did you get pics with his user name posted on this site?
WeatherBugHiker
Says he's Joe Adams from northern Michigan
Sent me bunch of pics of his truck damaged on job site, him in a hospital bed from a fall down some stairs, 6-8 pics of the gun he didn't have, garbage where he was looking for the tracking number. All kinds of crap