vortex vs. NF

missourideere

I have asked a time or two on here people's thoughts on scopes everybody says nightforce nightforce nightforce. I'm really interested in the vortex razor gen II it has lower bottom end and more on the top with a better price, plus it's first focal and comes with a lifetime warranty. How can I go wrong?

Eurooptics has the atacr at 2800. Vortex at 2400

Vortex is 48 ounces. Atacr 38. If a 48 ounce scope and 400 savings sounds good then vortex. Or wait for the adm? The new vortex scope

I've found the nxs 5.5-22 a good compromise between weight, cost and mag range. But then again I prefer sfp.

I was really watching the hype before vortex released these 2 scopes. I wanted something in the middle 4-20 or so, 30mm tube. Around 22-24 ounces,,, oh well. And while not in this price range. Just ordered the new 3-16 sightron tac. May look at the 4-20 too

he razor hd gen 2 F1. The vortex gives you more of a power band, less money, my gun is already heavy I doubt I'll hunt with it as is already heavy. I just find it interesting, that of the top 50 shooters according to prb shoot 33% schmidt and bender, then 22% vortex nf barely made the list.

I have both scopes the Gen II Razor and the ATACR. Yes the Razor has more power range but I have yet in the field noticed that. I also prefer the 2nd FP in the ATACR as the crosshairs get a bit fat at long range for my liking.
Weight - NF wins hands down
Turrets - The NF has the better turret 30moa and feels better IMHO and I also like the way it zero's and the zero stop better
Eye piece - I like the NF locking feature better but it's not a problem with the vortex either.
In FFP I like the Vortex reticle better, but if you don't care if it's FFP or 2ndFP then I would go with the NF.

All in all I give the NF the edge, but just barely.

FFP is my only Concern I have no experience but am worried the cross hairs will be to big at long range

the open crosshair in the Vortex is nice for that reason. I mainly hunt Groundhogs and crows and I can tell you that when you get 1100-1200 yards the crosshair on the NF is almost the size of the crow. the Vortex is a little easier at the long range IMHO. But the NF is nicer to aim with @ 100 yards on regular targets.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.