NF 5.5-22 vs. NF ATACR vs. Vortex Razor 5-25. Opinions please!

stanley52

Ok so I can get a NF 5.5-22 HS ZS MOAR for $1750, a NF ATACR for $2000, and a Vortex Razor 5-25 for $1800. These are all fantastic scopes, and I'm sure I wouldn't be disappointed with any of them. The rifle they will be going on is a 280 AI, blueprinted 700, manner MCS T4A, Bartlein M24 5r 26" 1:9 barrel, Timney trigger, what is everyone's opinions on the choices between these scopes? Is the ATACR worth $200-250 more than the Razor? Thanks.

ATACR is worth the extra money.....no doubt. I didn't think it would be a big improvement over the NXS......but I was wrong. Glass quality is significantly better with the ATACR.

I appreciate the input guys, keep it coming.

I can get a store discount. Basically the store doesn't make any money, but I have given them so much business from other items, they do me the favor.

I have the ATACR and love it. It has 132 MOA of adjustment which makes it awesome for extended long range. I would not want to go back to the NXS after using this.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.