NF NX8 vs NXS

KMLampson

I'm looking at getting a scope for a new 300 win hunting rig that I'm having built. I really like the NXS 3.5-15x50, and have two already on other rifles. I'm considering buying a NX8 2.5-20x50. I've seen a few comments regarding the parallax adjustment on the NX8 being "finicky", is it about the same, or worse than the NXS?

brentc

The parallax is fine, what get's "finicky" is eye placement above 15x

Please feel free to give us a call, 516-217-1000, to discuss these scopes
Be well
Doug

True. People often complain of tight eye boxes with the shorter scope designs, however, I rarely have an issue when the eye relief is positioned correctly when the scope is mounted.

Last edited:

Idgunner

Isn't the NXS a SFP scope? All NX8s at this time are FFP. That may take some getting used to for you. I have an NX8 on order and can't wait to get my hands on it. I see the comments about parallax adjustment and eyebox alignment as something I will just have to deal with, and will.

KMLampson

I don't mind First Focal Plane. Had a few Vortex scopes before I moved on to NF. Idgunner, let me know what you think of the scope once you get your hands on it.

Doug, I will give you a call after I receive my tax fund. I filed electronically last week.....