What's up with NF NXS/NX8 ??

Sold off a few rifles and other items that weren't getting used and upgraded optics in last year.

2.5-10x42 NXS Mil-r for $1300 delivered
3.5-15x50 NXS Mil-Spec Mildot $1550 delivered
5.5-22x50 NXS Mil-r for $1350 delivered
4-16x42 ATACR Mil-r F1 for $1760 delivered

I'll happily slum that lineup at those prices. All were in like new condition. Now need it to warm up enough to get out shooting.

I think you'll find some great deals on the NXS line because Nightforce has sold sooooo many through the years and they're pretty much the gold standard for reliable long range shooting unless you go to the ATACR models.

The NX8 line sounded like a great idea but I quickly sold mine because at the lower magnifications I couldn't see the reticle at all with the FFP reticle even with the illumination cranked up. When the SFP models finally become available look for that scope to be the most popular scope Nightforce has ever made and they'll be all but impossible to get your hands on new or used.

I think you'll find some great deals on the NXS line because Nightforce has sold sooooo many through the years and they're pretty much the gold standard for reliable long range shooting unless you go to the ATACR models.

The NX8 line sounded like a great idea but I quickly sold mine because at the lower magnifications I couldn't see the reticle at all with the FFP reticle even with the illumination cranked up. When the SFP models finally become available look for that scope to be the most popular scope Nightforce has ever made and they'll be all but impossible to get your hands on new or used.
Interesting..
I've moved away from sfp after trying out a mk5.
I feel it's super important to be able to use my reticle on any mag level to spot my shots.
Sfp is the main reason I'll never own an NXS

What magnification range was that NX8?

Exactly what I'm waiting on... any idea on release dates yet?

Nobody seems to know for sure and the NF website doesn't even mention a SFP option but I have no doubt they will eventually offer one and I'd venture a wild guess it'll be mid-year this year.

I was told that they are planning a SFP model, however they are so back up with backorders on the FFP model that they can't get caught up. The salesman I spoke with said its looking more like shot show 2021 in his estimate.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.