Vortex Razor HD Light Weight Offering

Durability is one thing but the question i have about it is that it looks like it is a whole new turret compared to the rest of all their other scopes. Did they reinvent the wheel on the turret or did they just slap a new knob on it.

If the glass is on par with VX6 then i will be as happy as a clam.

A buddy of mine is in the Military and has had one of these on order through Vortex for a few months now. He's putting it on a brand new Remington 300 win mag and he just had a Terminator T3 brake installed along with a nice HS precision stock. It's gonna be a sweet setup... And that big T3 brake is gonna be about as hard on this scope as any brake out there!

Heres a qoute i just found from AR15.com's forum

VortexOptics [Industry Partner]
2/8/2016 11:48:36 AM EDT
The Razor HD LH turrets are repeatable and accurate - just as the turrets on the PST are. I'd say that you're going to notice the biggest difference being the glass quality of the Razor HD LH, which is superior to the PST. The 3-15 Razor HD-LH also comes with the option of our G4-BDC reticle, so if you're looking for a BDC reticle option you'd need to go with the Razor. Hope this helps!

If thats the case this might be just what guys like me are wanting. I have no need for illumination or tall exposed turrets for 80% of my hunting. But if needed to stretch it out the possibility is real.

Found this information posted by ILya, who looked at the Vortex HD LH scopes at Shot Show 2016. ILya knows optics.

"Going back to Vortex, they surprised me a little with the Razor HD LH hunting scopes. I sorta knew they were coming since every time I would complain about a lack of high end light weight hunting scopes they would tell me to sit tight and wait. The new scopes are 1.5-8×32, 2-10×42 and 3-15×42(with side focus) and all are quite light. They all have 1″ tubes, reasonable adjustment range, and superbly designed eyepieces. They are very easy to get behind and look exceptionally well built. What surprised me the most was the G4 BDC reticle. Last year at SHOT, I was whining that no one has a hunting reticle I like, and they called me on it. So, I went ahead and sketched up a design for them that I liked. This time around, as I get into the Vortex booth, Paul hands a scope over to me and goes: "Does the reticle look familiar?" Apparently, my whining did not fall on deaf ears, and they took my basic concept with some modification and put it into the Razor HD LH scopes."

I ordered mine today, and should get here around March. It will be replacing my Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44. It will shave an ounce, have a better reticle and better glass I'm quite confident as it's wearing the Razor HD name.

Let us know your impression and opinion, after you've had the chance to check it out?

Mine shipped from Vortex today. I'll get it mounted up on a Legendary Arms Works in 7 Rem Mag and see how she does. Hoping they like each other and it becomes my solo wilderness rig. Side note, if anyone has a LAW and hates the scope bases that come with (rail slots but overhang a tad over the action space) the Nesika Bay Talley UL's are the same thread pattern and size and work perfectly. Confirmed by LAW.

Mine shipped from Vortex today. I'll get it mounted up on a Legendary Arms Works in 7 Rem Mag and see how she does. Hoping they like each other and it becomes my solo wilderness rig. Side note, if anyone has a LAW and hates the scope bases that come with (rail slots but overhang a tad over the action space) the Nesika Bay Talley UL's are the same thread pattern and size and work perfectly. Confirmed by LAW.

6point Super anxious to hear your report! Hope it is good!

I am very interested. I have gone to every dealer in my area and no one has one yet for me to finger....... I have had one in my cart on amazon for a couple days and just havn't pulled the trigger.

Well i bit into the bug. I drank the koolaid and ordered one through vortex. I have yet to see a shipment notification or anything so no idea when it will arrive. But i will be sure to keep you guys in the loop.

Well i bit into the bug. I drank the koolaid and ordered one through vortex. I have yet to see a shipment notification or anything so no idea when it will arrive. But i will be sure to keep you guys in the loop.

Good for you. The more the merrier. Here's hoping it's a winner in all respects! Look forward to your opinions.

I like the sounds of this scope, but would like a bit more magnification. Would love to see a 4X24 in it. Sent a E-mail to Vortex asking if that magnification range might be on the drawing board. They said that the new scopes were just now shipping. They would also consider the higher magnification depending on how these do in the market. Bruce

I like the sounds of this scope, but would like a bit more magnification. Would love to see a 4X24 in it. Sent a E-mail to Vortex asking if that magnification range might be on the drawing board. They said that the new scopes were just now shipping. They would also consider the higher magnification depending on how these do in the market. Bruce

That means you're gonna have to buy one or two before they'll make you what you want.

Yeah, Im not any expert but I will be able to do a side by side comparison with a 4.5-14x40 vx3 and a vortex viper HSLR. SHould beat both by a long shot. I talked to a local shop and he got to shoot through one a month ago when the vortex guy came by the shop to show them the new products. He says the optics are clear and bright and was a very nice scope. But they havn't gotten any in.

Im very excited to get it. It has been everything i have been asking for for a long time. Some people might want a little bit more magnification, but for what i do out t o700-800 yards the 15 should be fine. Im a little worried about the reticle. I ordered the BDC reticle that is a modified post style. I hanvt shot a post reticle in a long time and cant really remember what i thought of it. But i knew i wouldn't like the HSR reticle for hunting the timbers where fast shots were possible.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.