Vortex Razor HD Light Weight Offering

6point5x284

For those of you looking for a lighter scope for a backcountry or sheep or carry rifle, Vortex released a new scope called the Razor HD LH in a 1.5-8x32, a 2-10x40, and a 3-15x42. The 3-15x42 is listed as 16.5 ounces with parallax adjustment, and covered elevation and windage knob, but field adjustable MOA turrets for both underneath the caps. They have a BDC style reticle, but also a SOLID reticle I've been waiting a long time for in a light weight setup called the HSR-4 reticle for those who like MOA dashes, not a BDC style where the gap distances change.

I ordered mine today, and should get here around March. It will be replacing my Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44. It will shave an ounce, have a better reticle and better glass I'm quite confident as it's wearing the Razor HD name.

I have no affiliation with Vortex, just have been looking for a light scope with a reticle design like this and in this mag range and weight range for a long time! Looking forward to reading reviews!

Why are you gonna put a left handed scope on your rifle? :D

I like the looks of these esp being a weight oriented guy, but I wished they'd have better reticle offerings. I can't say I'm a big fan of the old german T reticle.

I hear what you are saying! I was just ecstatic it wasn't only a BDC or Plex reticle. I don't like either of those, but either MIL or MOA hashes with matching turrets of course. While I would prefer the MOAR style found on the NF or the EBR style from the PST, I'm happy as long as I have wind hashes in MOA and elevation in MOA. The center cross looks thinner than the rest as well, which I like. I guess I'll know in March when I get mine!

Attachments

• HSR-4 Reticle.JPG
    HSR-4 Reticle.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 419
I will certainly be interested if they come out with something that maxes over 20X in that weight area. Last year I switched from a steal brake to an aluminum of the same design and shaved two ounces. I switched from Decelerator to Microcell and shaved three ounces. This year I had the barrel fluted by Twisted Barrel and shaved another seven ounces. Ounces matter to a fanatic.

I will certainly be interested if they come out with something that maxes over 20X in that weight area. Last year I switched from a steal brake to an aluminum of the same design and shaved two ounces. I switched from Decelerator to Microcell and shaved three ounces. This year I had the barrel fluted by Twisted Barrel and shaved another seven ounces. Ounces matter to a fanatic.

Pre-SHOT Show release.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo48YqWu2b4&feature=youtu.be

Specs:
6-24x50
Mil/Mil FFP
30MM tube
New EBR7 MRAD Reticle
28.72oz
Illuminated
10 mils per rev
FOV @ 100yds is 20.4' - 5.1' @ 100 yards

Tag.
I'm looking for two new FFP scopes this year and the AMD sounds like it shaves enough weight off the 5x25 FFP ATACR that I'm willing to look and listen.

I just looked at their web site and im very impressed with what I saw, but I did not see if it was f1 or 2nd focal plane. could someone clarify that for me ? also really liked that price.

thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts