Vortex Razor GenIII 6-36x56 - Did Vortex Mess Up?

Greg
GOOD REVIEW
We like Vortex, but also really like NF. We were fortunate to purchase several NF Atarc 7X35X56 in the low $3K range. Now that Vortex has raised prices on all their products (I thought for years they were underpriced). We really want one to try, but if we can still get the NF for close to the same price???
Might just sell some of our Vortex HD Gen IIs to fund a Gen III
Thanks again for this review!
God Bless
Len & Jill

There are a couple of ways to get them cheaper than a NF ATACR.

Thanks Orkan for the review.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a couple of ways to get them for ~$2400 NIB.

Thanks Orkan for the review.
You're welcome... ^ and that right there is why Vortex is going to CRUSH every other mid tier scope brand. The street price of this scope will end up being right around $2500. They are simply offering way more than any other company for the dollar spent. TT is basically the only company that is safe at the moment, and that is only due to their turrets, glass, and forgiving parallax. However, I don't see that continuing much longer.

My prediction is that within 5 years time, Vortex steals the crown from TT. They have the size, money, and infrastructure to do it. All it would take is them deciding they wanted to. I don't feel nightforce is even in this discussion. Not with any product they currently produce.

You're welcome... ^ and that right there is why Vortex is going to CRUSH every other mid tier scope brand. The street price of this scope will end up being right around $2500. They are simply offering way more than any other company for the dollar spent. TT is basically the only company that is safe at the moment, and that is only due to their turrets, glass, and forgiving parallax. However, I don't see that continuing much longer.

My prediction is that within 5 years time, Vortex steals the crown from TT. They have the size, money, and infrastructure to do it. All it would take is them deciding they wanted to. I don't feel nightforce is even in this discussion. Not with any product they currently produce.

Also, sorry man if you're selling vortex. Thats a mil discount vortex offers. I believe street price is $3k which is still good. And I think coyote shadow tracker is ex mil.

I edited my post. Did you ever reach 100k rounds on your .22? I was following that thread on AS.

NF reticles are really lacking. It's disappointing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, sorry man if you're selling vortex. Thats a mil discount vortex offers. I believe street price is $3k which is still good. And I think coyote shadow tracker is ex mil.

I edited my post. Did you ever reach 100k rounds on your .22? I was following that thread on AS.
Nope, not selling vortex. No plans to until they take the top spot. Then I'll sell that scope.

No, I'm proofing so many customer rifles I hardly put many rounds through mine these days. Getting paid to shoot other people's stuff is an OK gig. lol ;) Not a trivial matter tuning 22LR.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

from the vortex podcast it sounds like they designed this optical system instead of using the factory LOW designs. Good news for the idea that they can keep pushing, especially when they have the ability to manufacture in the USA at the AMG dept.

Would love to see them go all out on an amg in the next few years. Word on the street is they stopped production of 6-24 amg so I'm dreaming that means something is coming

NF reticles are really lacking. It's disappointing.
300 Whisper
Still a Marine
I see Vortex list for $4k and everyone selling for $3k. I haven't seen anyone giving the VORTEX %40 off o $3k
I have pros and cons for both TT and Vortex recitals.
We will pick up a Vortex Gen III. Need to sell off some others. Need another ELR & BR scopes.

UPDATE!!!
Well we pulled the trigger tonight and getting one shipped from Euro Optics tomorrow morning!
Will be having some good deals on some of our just about NIB scopes that we need to part with!
Thanks
Len

Last edited: