Devcon ratio mess up. HELP

chad44

I just putting devcon in the stock and and my barreled action. I just realized I mixed the devcon wrong. I did 9:1 volume instead go 2.5:1. What do I do now? Take it off clean it up and redo it???? Or will it cure?

I always use the Aluminum 10610 Devcon ... It's 4-1 ratio by volume, 4 teaspoons of resin to 1 teaspoon of hardener. That's more then enough for a full pillar bedding job. I like it a lot better.. much easier to work with after it has set and much lighter... Make sure to always warm up in warm water and the resin needs to be mixed before measuring. It tends to settle.. I use a piece of bucher paper taped to a small cutting board , slick side up to mix..

The Steel 10110 Devcon is great stuff just get a system to make your measering stress free. If your off a little bit it will still set up. Your mess up should be removed... Good luck with the next try...

Slewfoot

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts