Vortex Razor HD LHT

I have a few of the 5-25 Venom FFP, never had a issue with it losing the zero, but then I don't move my pickup with it on a tri pod either, I'm really impressed of what you get for the money, the mils work and track perfect.

I have a Vortex Razor LHT 3-15x42 in the blaser rings. If you aren't familiar with Blaser, their mounts come on and off and still shoot into the same hole.

I got the LHT and bounced it a few times to land on different sides of the scope, on my truck plastic bed liner, remounted it and it was dead on at 100 yards.

I have 2 LHT SFP. One has been hunted with…a lot! 6 season this year, 6 seasons last year, all in the Rocky. Plus countless range trips, etc. I've had no issues with shifting POI or tracking issues. So far the scopes have exceeded my expectations.

I'm curious to hear if anybody has had issues with the poi changing due to a drop, bump, etc.

Of course this is in reference to the rokslide drop test where one failed.

I have 2 LHT SFP. One has been hunted with…a lot! 6 season this year, 6 seasons last year, all in the Rocky. Plus countless range trips, etc. I've had no issues with shifting POI or tracking issues. So far the scopes have exceeded my expectations.

I'm curious to hear if anybody has had issues with the poi changing due to a drop, bump, etc.

Take that RS test with a HUGE grain of salt.

I would tend to trust Ilya's reviews more than others. He says he is running one on his personal hunting rifle which says quite a bit. I have one of the 4.5-22 mil versions on order for a rifle. I hope is as good as it is supposed to be (except for the RS mess that is).

I would tend to trust Ilya's reviews more than others. He says he is running one on his personal hunting rifle which says quite a bit. I have one of the 4.5-22 mil versions on order for a rifle. I hope is as good as it is supposed to be (except for the RS mess that is).
I don't think they're in the same category as nightforce, but they also weigh 19 ounce. That said with as many trips that mine has made without issues, including multiple tip overs off my bipod and my wife dropping it when the butt was resting on the ground and the barrel straight up, I have a lot of confidence in the scope. If it took a HARD fall I would confirm zero. Maybe something not necessary with a 31 ounce night force.

I "dropped" my rifle for the first time this year, I had leaned it up in the house after cleaning and it fell on the scope(lht)

Checked my dope before hunting, no issues.

I've decided I don't fall down enough for RS ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ maybe when I'm old I'll go back.

F1FE08FA-66ED-479A-912E-2836BA9128AB.jpeg
6D48D6AC-409B-47B6-AEA9-8656B650494D.jpeg

My wife's shifted from a tipped over bipod. I replicated the RS test and it shifted every drop. Tried it again with a spare LRTS I had and no shifts at all. I'm not going to post everything because of all the heat I received. I think they are decent scopes for sure but to say the RS test is false wasn't my experience. I tell everyone to find out for themselves it literally takes 10 minutes.

My wife's shifted from a tipped over bipod. I replicated the RS test and it shifted every drop. Tried it again with a spare LRTS I had and no shifts at all. I'm not going to post everything because of all the heat I received. I think they are decent scopes for sure but to say the RS test is false wasn't my experience. I tell everyone to find out for themselves it literally takes 10 minutes.
That's good feedback. Mine didn't shift, but I didn't follow the RS test exactly. I can try it again though.

I didn't follow it exactly, I think they went up to like 36" drops which is pretty abusive imo. Mine were more around knee height onto a shooting mat on packed snow. I also didn't do any drops on the top turret because that seems like a recipe for actually breaking the scope. My shifts weren't as dramatic as theirs but like I said I wasn't dropping as far.

My brother has one on his primary hunting rifle and he's pretty abusive on everything and his has been fine. I don't think any normal use would cause shift, even on a knee height drop it's pretty surprising how hard the rifle lands.

My 2 cents...
I hunt with young/novice hunters. They use my rifles, and I need to know that when I hand them a rifle, it will put the bullet where they aim (if they do their part).

I've seen shots go wild in the field a few times; one turned out to be a stock issue (had cracked at the action screws). The others were scopes which had zero shifts to some degree or another.

I certainly can't eliminate every variable in the field... but if I have a choice between a scope that is even marginally more likely to fail... and one that has is less likely to fail... I'll pay extra for the one less likely to fail, even if it has fewer features. I'll put it this way; I'd rather buy a scope that has a failure rate of sub-1% with No warranty, than a scope with a 20% failure rate but also has the best warranty under the sun.

For me, I've been happy with my swfa 3-9x42 this season; 3 deer, 3 elk in the hands of novice/young shooters (who are not always the most gentle with my equipment... youngest was 10 years old) and the rifle was still dead on when I shot it a couple weeks ago. I had a couple of the lht scopes last year... I don't anymore. I love the feature set and weight... I'm just not convinced they are as durable as I would need them to be... and it's not good enough that IF I have a problem they will fix it... I don't want to have the problem in the first place.